Update 43: coming home and why we roam

World Biking Africa: News from Amaya & Eric

Sep 6, 2009, 3:54:39 AM9/6/09
to World Biking Africa
Our World Bike Tour is on pause while we take a breather in the Big
Sky Country. This month’s update chronicles coming home to the Last
Best Place on Earth and reflections on why we continue to roam.

Can ‘home’ be a place you haven’t actually lived in for more than
twenty years?
Snow in August: fact or fiction?
Where will the next leg of our cycling adventure take us?

All the answers in update 43:
http://worldbiking.info/updates/update43_questions.html

You can support our fundraising efforts for World Bicycle Relief by
making a secure on-line donation here:
http://www.firstgiving.com/worldbiking

This month we’ve decided to share a few of our favorite links with
you.

Africa is seeing a wave of intrepid adventures. Here are a few you
can follow:

Bex’s dry wit and insightful blog bring Africa to life:
http://www.listentoafrica.com/

Peter’s pictures inspire:
http://www.thebigafricacycle.com/

Helen is taking on Africa solo. Be sure to follow her and support her
Africa adventure.
http://takeonafrica.com/

If you’re looking for all-around inspiration and awesome photos, check
out Alastair Humphrey’s site. He’s the original Round the World by
Bike guy turned full-time adventurer and motivational speaker:
http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/

And finally a link to the This I believe site. Our wonderful hosts in
Steamboat Springs, Sheila and Ray, had the book at their place and I
could hardly put it down. I was so glad to discover the web site.
Here’s what it’s all about:

http://thisibelieve.org/
This I Believe is an international project engaging people in writing
and sharing essays describing the core values that guide their daily
lives. Over 60,000 of these essays, written by people from all walks
of life, are archived here on our website, heard on public radio,
chronicled through our books and television programming, and featured
in weekly podcasts. The project is based on the popular 1950s radio
series of the same name hosted by Edward R. Murrow.

Hope this finds you all well and enjoying the last of the warm summer
weather.

Thanks for your continued support!

Eric and Amaya