Update 40: Heat, Headwinds and an Evening with an Exorcist

World Biking Africa: News from Amaya & Eric

Jul 26, 2009, 3:26:33 PM7/26/09
to World Biking Africa
Hello from the hot prairies of Kansas!

No twisters have touched down in our vicinity, although some strong
headwinds have been hampering progress through the cornfields of
Kansas.

As we ride through America’s Bible Belt, the folks we meet just keep
getting friendlier. Everyone (except for some crazy truck drivers)
just seems to want to look out for the two exhausted-looking cyclists
slogging on through the heat. It’s the pity factor, I guess.

Read more about what we’ve been up to in our latest update, Headwinds,
Heat and an Evening with an Exorcist:

http://worldbiking.info/updates/update40_cycling_USA_central_states.html

Let us know what you’re up to in the comments section or send us an
email—we especially love hearing from all people we’ve met along the
way.

Hope this finds you well and enjoying the summer (or winter, for those
readers in the Southern Hemisphere).

Best wishes from Garfield, Kansas,
Amaya and Eric