January News from World Biking

Amaya Williams

Jan 25, 2011, 5:01:18 PM1/25/11
to world-bik...@googlegroups.com

2011 promises to be an excellent year for our World Biking adventure.  The monotony of the Argentine Pampa and the vicious  headwinds of southern

Patagonia are behind us.

2011-year-of-adventure.jpg

Now comes the fun stuff:  the Andes!  Being from Montana, I’ve got a certain fondness for high places.  We’ve put in a few good climbs already and there are months more to come in Bolivia and Peru.  By the end of it, I may be whining about more mountains, but for now we’re both thrilled to be taking on some high altitude challenges.

Between cycling the Carreterra Austral, one of the most famous roads in the world (well, at least if you’re a cycling junkie) and meeting up with loads of other cyclists, we’ve been busy.

Between pushing the pedals, searching for places to pitch the tent and the endless fight to keep Eric fed, we’ve find to focus our thoughts on some new blog posts.  We hope you’ll find them entertaining and inspiring.

 In Awe of Mother Nature:

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/2011/01/bicycle-touring-patagonia/

On the Beaten Path…and Liking it!

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/2010/12/patagonia-cyclin/

5 Popular Myths About Long Distance Bicycle Touring

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/2011/01/5-popular-myths-about-long-distance-bicycle-touring/

Why 2011 is the Perfect Time for a long-distance Bicycle Tour

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/2011/01/the-perfect-time-for-a-bicycle-tour/

Plus you can find out how the Power of Bicycle changes lives in Africa by checking out a new (and very cool) video from the charity we support, World Bicycle Relief:

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/2011/01/the-power-of-bicycles/

Many thanks to all of you for keeping us motivated as we cycle around the world!  Your support is always appreciated.  Drop us an email and let us know how life is in your corner of the world.

Best wishes from Bariloche,Argentina

Eric and Amaya

guide to the web's best bicycle touring blogs and resources

worldbiking.info
cycling the world since 2006

2011-year-of-adventure.jpg