Update 50: Mayhem and Mixed Feelings in Mexico

World Biking: News from Amaya & Eric

Dec 21, 2009, 2:00:36 PM12/21/09
to World Biking Africa
Here in the city of Coatzacalcos in the southern Mexican state of Vera
Cruz the run up to Christmas is pretty tame. The streets are lined
with piñata vendors, churches are packed for evening mass and even the
smallest settlements display a nativity scene in the town square.

Santa’s already made a visit to our over loaded panniers--Eric’s got a
new MP3 player and I’ve got an extra kilo to carry in the form of a
yoga mat.

The latest news from the road, including tales of a meeting with
masked men and a night spent with some migrantes is available here:
http://www.worldbiking.info/updates/biking_mexico_update_50.html

Thanks for all of your comments and emails following the last update.
Your support makes a huge difference.

Wishing you all the best over the holidays!

Eric and Amaya