Venturing through Venezuela: Update 57

World Biking: News from Amaya & Eric

Apr 28, 2010, 3:50:03 PM4/28/10
to World Biking Africa
Over the Andes, across the plains, through the Amazon, into the
savanna and onto Brazil…it was an extremely busy month for us as we
tackled Venezuela´s diverse landscapes. It´s a fascinating, yet
highly frustrating country to bike—here´s a taste of the latest
update:

Rolling across the border from orderly Colombia, we pedaled into a
land of crazed drivers and crappy roads. A place where rusty 4-
wheeled relics resurrected from a 1970´s gas guzzler graveyard gasped
and wheezed along weed infested roads riddled with man-sized
potholes. On the narrow two-lane highway heading towards Maracaibo,…

Read more from the Venturing through Venezuela update here:

http://worldbiking.info/updates/Biking_Venezuela_Update_57.html

The latest interview in the Touring Talk series of chats with real
cyclists biking the world is with Australian Bob Sara.

Bob’s been traveling the world for the last eight years and has
recently traded in his backpack for a bike. He speaks candidly about
life on the road and shares thoughts about travel and adventure. He´s
highly inspirational so crank up the speakers (weak sound, sorry about
that) and check out the video here:

http://vimeo.com/10246451

We’re heading north now, into the Guyana´s. Eric will fulfill one of
his lifetime dreams in visiting the Space Center in Kourou. If anybody
´s got a contact in that part of the world, please let us know.

A special thanks to all of you who sent emails wondering why we´d been
out of contact. Your support and concern keeps us going.

We´ve got 500 kilometers of muddy unpaved roads ahead to reach
Georgetown-- the rains are in full swing and it’ll be a challenge.
Hoping for sunshine.

Thanks for sharing our adventure and wishing you all the best!

Eric and Amaya