Update 39: Biking across America--Southern Hospitality

World Biking Africa: News from Amaya & Eric

Jul 11, 2009, 1:45:02 AM7/11/09
to World Biking Africa
Greetings from Lebanon, Kentucky!

This is the second ‘Lebanon’ that we’ve visited this year and I can
assure you that that his small Kentucky town is much quieter than its
much more famous namesake.

Since leaving my sister’s home in Maryland 11 days ago we’ve been busy
cycling through West Virginia and Kentucky, crossing over the
Appalachians and giving our legs a real workout.

We’ve passed through some hardcore ‘hillbilly’ country, but have
experienced nothing but warm southern hospitality. The good karma
seems to be holding out.

Check out all the latest news here:

http://worldbiking.info/updates/update39_cycling_USA_southern_states.html

If you need your ‘Africa fix’ have a look at some of these sites:

Peter cycled all the way from Japan back to his home in the UK and now
he's planning a trip through Africa.
petergostelow.com

A trans-Africa cycling expedition recording African sounds and voices
beginning in March 2009. Follow Brits Huw and Bex on their 18-month
journey across the continent.

http://www.listentoafrica.com/

Take one woman, take one bike, take on Africa. Helen has plans to
cycle the African continent solo, beginning in June 2009.

http://takeonafrica.com/

Wishing you all the best,
Eric and Amaya