Update 47: seeking solitude and silence on interstate 10

World Biking Africa: News from Amaya & Eric

Nov 10, 2009, 10:46:32 PM11/10/09
to World Biking Africa
Greetings from Phoenix!
We set out to find silence and solitude in Arizona’s deserts and ended
up with pounding headaches, endless pavement and an encounter with the
local sheriff as we pedaled busy Interstate 10.

Life on the road has its ups and downs and the last few days have been
a test of endurance and determination. Eric’s had a tiny medical
mishap and the race is on to make it to Texas and cross into Mexico
before his visa expires. All the details here:

http://worldbiking.info/updates/update_47_biking_arizona_desert.html

Hope you are all well—we’ll keep you updated as our tour takes us
across America’s Southern Tier Adventure Cycling Route and let you
know how we get on with the Texans.

Cheers,
Eric and Amaya