Bicycle Touring News from Brazil

Amaya Williams

Jul 14, 2010, 4:34:09 PM7/14/10
to world-bik...@googlegroups.com
Here's a look at what's new on Worldbiking.info:   collage-boys--logo-3-final.gif

A major milestone is on the horizon.  After checking the touring log, I've realized that and we've spent more than four years on the road and are just shy of the 50,000 MILE mark.  It's been an amazing biking expedition and you can read all about our Cycling Superlatives in these two posts. The longest, the hardest and all our opinions on the best and worst of bicycle touring.

cycling superlatives part one>>

The latest news from Biking Brazil is now on-line.  It's been something of a long, hard slog--terrifying traffic on the main highways, bumpy backroads and anunrelenting tropical heat.  But our spirits are up-- who can be down when you're surrounded with the ever friendly Brazilians?

And if you're still an arm-chair traveler, check out this post for Bicycle Touring Inspiration:

Experience a ride on the Worst Road in Brazil in our latest YouTube Video:

And find out what Swiss cyclist Stephan Kistler has to say about bicycle touring in our latest Touring Talk Interview:

Touring Talk Interview with Stephan Kistler

Next up for is another 2,000 kilometers of riding in central Brazil, passing through the capital and then on to a visit to the mighty Iguazu Falls before heading onto Paraguay, Uruguay and finally Argentina.

Send us an email or slip us a comment on theweb site.  We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for your continued support!

Best wishes,
Eric and Amaya
--