Update 41: prairies to peaks

scha...@googlemail.com

Aug 11, 2009, 11:06:46 PM8/11/09
to World Biking Africa
Greetings from Idaho, the land of famous potatoes!

We’ve made it out West to cowboy country and are enjoying some of the
best cycling America has to offer.

Find out more about our battles with violent summer storms, life in
small town USA and what it’s like to bike over the Continental Divide:

http://worldbiking.info/updates/update41_cycling_USA_western_states.html

And now a note about fundraising. If you’re still reading, knowing
that we’re about to hit you up for money, thanks. During our ride
through Africa we successfully raised money for the Campaign for
Female Education (CAMFED). Now we’re raising money for World Bicycle
Relief. WBR’s mission is simple: provide bicycles to needy people in
developing countries. Throughout Africa there are millions of people
who have no choice but to walk everywhere they need to go. As you can
imagine, this is a highly inefficient way to get crops to market, get
someone to a hospital or get to a school that could be a two hour walk
each way. Africa’s roads are clogged with people on foot traveling
long distances and carrying heavy loads. Bicycles make life easier
and help people be more productive.

If you agree with us and think giving a bicycle to someone in need is
a good way to improve the world, please consider making a donation to
our World Bicycle Relief fundraising page. Even seemingly small
amounts will make a big difference.
http://worldbiking.info/charity.html

Hope you’re enjoying all the adventure life has to offer. We’d love
to hear from you in the comments section of the latest update or send
us an email and let us know what you’re up to.

Best wishes from the beautiful mountains of southern Idaho,

Amaya and Eric