I'm not being able to use the toll Corcord

Ana Flávia

Oct 23, 2021, 1:59:46 PM10/23/21
to WordSmith Tools
All the others tools are working, but the concord doesn't open and I don't know why. I have tried to reinstall the program, but nothing happens. When I click in the button the Concord window doesn't open. I need help! Can someone help me please?

Mike Scott

Oct 24, 2021, 12:36:34 PM10/24/21
to WordSmith Tools

Ana Flavia, hi

I suggest you close down your PC first. Do an antivirus scan of your computer too.
Then download WordSmith afresh. Install in the same place as you installed originally.

CHeers - Mike

Ana Flávia

Oct 26, 2021, 12:09:48 PM10/26/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi, Mike

I have tried everything. I closed down my PC, did an antivirus and downloaded WordSmith afresh, but the tool Concord just doesn't work. I don't understand why since the tools Keywords and WordList work. The problem is just with Concord and that's the tool I need for my research. Please, help me.

Ana.

Mike Scott

Oct 26, 2021, 12:29:57 PM10/26/21
to WordSmith Tools
Sorry to hear that, Ana.
Have you installed in two different places at different times perhaps?
If you find Concord8.exe and double-click it yourself does that work?
If you install on a memory stick and take that to another PC does that work OK?
Cheers -- Mike

Ana Flávia

Nov 7, 2021, 5:20:53 PM11/7/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi, Mike, how are you?

I'm out of options here. I have done everything you advised and even download the 8.0 version (the demo one) to test and, as in 7.0, Keywords and Wordlist are ok, but the Concord doesn't even start. Please, help me, because I really need to use this tool. I think it's a bug on the program.
Best,

Ana

Mike Scott

Nov 18, 2021, 8:27:51 AM11/18/21
to WordSmith Tools
Ana, hi

I don't think it is a bug -- if it was many many people would have raised this.
You haven't answered my question about use on a memory stick. Have you tried that?

Cheers -- Mike