Computing Relationships in Concord

Taylor

Jan 20, 2022, 9:20:12 PM1/20/22
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

I hope this finds you well! I am computing relationships and having some difficulties with the concord tool.

In the Concord tool, in the collocates tab, I them click compute/relationship. After a little while, I get the list of collocates, but all of the relationship columns have 'n/a' in it.

However, if I try the Wordlist tool instead, and click on compute/relationship (after I open the .mut file I created), I get the relationship columns all filed in nicely. However, here I do not know how to extract only the word that I am interested in from the list of words, so that I may sort it by frequency. So, I need to do this in the Concord tool, I think.

Could you please help me to know if I am doing something wrong with the Concord tool?

Thank you, Mike.

Cheers!
Taylor

Mike Scott

Jan 21, 2022, 3:32:05 AM1/21/22
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Taylor
To get the relationships columns filled in Concord, please see https://lexically.net/downloads/version8/HTML/collocationrelationship.html
You need to supply a word list (.LST file) based on the same text files.
If that is not happening can you please document what you do and what you see, so I can understand.

Cheers -- Mike

Taylor

Jan 21, 2022, 4:34:41 AM1/21/22
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

Thank you so much!

Supplying a word list in (.LST) format is what I was not doing correctly. All is well now.

As always, I greatly appreciate your help.

Kindly,
Taylor