Source texts

Roné Wierenga

Mar 24, 2021, 9:10:49 AM3/24/21
to WordSmith Tools
Good day,

I am having trouble viewing the source text. My Wordsmith 8. keeps "not responding" whenever I click on a concordance line and it will not allow me to use the source text tab at the bottom of the screen.

I have viewed the source text for this specific corpus before... so it seems unlikely that the corpus is the problem.

Is there anything that I could do?

Thank you. This forum has been extremely helpful!

Mike Scott

Mar 24, 2021, 9:50:10 AM3/24/21
to WordSmith Tools
Rone', hi

1. When you say "not responding", does that mean a message from Windows (which in English anyway uses those 2 words) saying that the program has got stuck? If so, there may be a problem reading the source file.
2. If not, is it that the source text has been moved?

When Concord wants to re-access the source text, that does depend on the whole disk access system working OK. Access over a network can easily get disrupted or slowed down. Local access (on the same PC, or on a memory stick in that local PC) is usually reliable.

First thing to check is: does the source text seem to open up OK? If it does, re-boot and try again. Hope that helps!

Cheers -- Mike