reference corpus WL for Portuguese

Elisa Teixeira

Oct 14, 2020, 9:54:58 AM10/14/20
to WordSmith Tools
Dear colleagues,

I've been suffering enormously for not having a WSTools wordlist for a Brazilian Portuguese general reference corpus, which prevents me from doing the most basic comparisons in my own language. I do have a wordlist for Banco de Português, but it is in version 4 of WSTools, and I have a Lácio Ref WL, but the corpus is small and very biased towards science... Does anyone has a WL you could kindly share with me and help me teaching about CL and the use of WSTools Keyword Lists to identify thematic vocabulary, among other things?
I thank you VERY much in advance.

Elisa

--
Profa. Dra. Elisa Duarte Teixeira
Professora Adjunta de Tradução - Inglês

Mike Scott

Oct 14, 2020, 11:37:11 AM10/14/20
to WordSmith Tools
Elisa, hi

Ideally you'd have a corpus of Portuguese and could build your own word list. If not, couldn't you use WS4 to load up the Banco do Português word list, copy it using WS4 to a plain text file, add in a line for the total number of tokens and import that as a word list in WS8?

Cheers - Mike