Out of Memory error message

Taylor

Mar 11, 2021, 2:24:09 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

Yesterday, when I was using Wordsmith (v.8), I was not getting the Out of Memory error message. But, today, after updating the Wordsmith, I am receiving it. I am trying to do the same functions as yesterday (run concordances). I am not sure why I am receiving the message as I have a lot of memory left on my system. I have restarted the computer a couple of times to see if it would help, but it didn't. Do you have any ideas for me?

Thank you very much!

Kindly,
Taylor

Mike Scott

Mar 11, 2021, 2:44:14 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
 Hi Taylor

Please download again and install again. You won't need to register. There was a blip for an hour or so this afternoon and you got the problem download.

Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers Mike

Taylor

Mar 11, 2021, 2:46:55 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike...

No problem at all. Thank you for replying so quickly. I'll get started on that right away.

Thank you again...
Kindly,
Taylor

Taylor

Mar 11, 2021, 3:29:49 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi again, Mike...

I downloaded WS8 and reinstalled it. I am still getting the Out of Memory error message when running the concordance program. I haven't tried any other features.

Kindly,
Taylor

Mike Scott

Mar 11, 2021, 4:11:32 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
2021-03-11_21-08-01.png

Sorry -- the easiest solution right now is to ensure the timeline setting is not "unknown" but for example years. I will re-compile and fix this of course.

Cheers -- Mike

Mike Scott

Mar 11, 2021, 4:12:50 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
And you can revert to the previous version by re-downloading as I wrote earlier.....

Taylor

Mar 11, 2021, 4:16:06 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
Hi Mike,

Thank you so much! As we speak, I'm in the process of reverting to the previous version. A minute left to download now.

Thank you for letting me know of the text/delicacy/years fix also.

I really appreciate that you are getting back to me so speedily!

Very kindly,
Taylor

Taylor

Mar 11, 2021, 4:34:08 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
Just a quick note to let you know that reverting to the previous version solved the Out of Memory error message problem. I did not have to try out the other fix that you mentioned, though I was prepared to.

Thank you, Mike!

Kindly,
Taylor

Mike Scott

Mar 11, 2021, 4:38:35 PM3/11/21
to WordSmith Tools
You now have 8.0.0.49 of late February. I will upload 8.0.0.50 tomorrow with the timeline fix so as to avoid the Out of Memory issue. And one other to do with scripts.

Cheers -- and sorry for the hassle!

Mike Scott

Mar 12, 2021, 9:09:45 AM3/12/21
to WordSmith Tools