KeyWords File Not Saving

已查看 43 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:18:162020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Hi,

I'm calculating a keywords file and every time I do it I get this notice:

Screenshot (4).png

After that I see that there is a keywords file in the place that I tried to save it. However, when I try to open the file, the application freezes. Anyone else encountering this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Mike Scott

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:25:122020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Aaron, hi

1. Which version of WS and which build please?
2. I suggest you avoid using OneDrive as your storage for WS. The reason is that is not local on the hard disk of your laptop but in the cloud. It is likely that OneDrive has clever sophisticated mechanisms for synchronising, but the safest and fastest place to save stuff is on the hard drive of your laptop, or on an external drive plugged into it.

Cheers -- Mike

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:29:512020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Version 8.0.0.43

Thanks for that tip. I'll start saving to desktop. That said, I did the same thing and tried saving the keywords file to my desktop and I got the same results.

I sent you the error report just now.

Thanks!

Aaron

Mike Scott

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:38:042020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
I've just tried saving a KW file with a new name on one of the hard drives in my PC. No problem.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
And is there anything unusual about your KWs file: is it exceptionally large or small? Its name looks OK to me. How many MB is it on the disk where it is saved?

Cheers -- Mike

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:41:482020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Prior two that I tried to save are both 523 KB, but this last one is 13 KB. That seems quite strange.

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:43:442020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Another interesting thing: After I quit the keywords window because it's freezing upon opening, the window count remains the same. So, I tried to open it 4 separate times, and had to shut down due to freezing, but the window counter in the main controller window counted 4 as if all were still open. I opened control panel and only main WordSmith application is shown as operating.

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月19日 10:55:572020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
And still not saving even after moving everything over to desktop.

Mike Scott

未读,
2020年9月19日 11:26:332020/9/19
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Not size then.
Ah. You should definitely close WS down fully and re-start it. Better, re-boot then start up WS again.

Cheers -- Mike

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年9月30日 14:04:532020/9/30
收件人 WordSmith Tools
OK, so I have one detail to add to the puzzle: The program has trouble saving after lemmatizing. It saves fine before that point. So I can save a file fine without having lemmatized, but after that point it freezes and the file is corrupted. This is happening in both KeyWords and WordList.

Mike Scott

未读,
2020年10月1日 02:42:302020/10/1
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Aaron, hi
I've just tried (version 8.0.0.44) and had no problem. Have you tried lemmatising then saving the lemmatised version under a new name?
Cheers, Mike

awk...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年10月1日 10:11:262020/10/1
收件人 WordSmith Tools
Looks like I wasn't lemmatizing right. Just figured out how to zap the words grouped under head words. Works fine now. Thanks!

Mike Scott

未读,
2020年10月1日 10:43:542020/10/1
收件人 WordSmith Tools