Women tenured in your department (or hired with tenure) in the past five years

Christina Sormani

May 27, 2014, 12:40:44 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
Dear Women in Mathematics,

Please let me know of any women who were tenured or hired with tenure in your department
in the past five years.  I am trying to expand the membership in this group to include everyone
since my last invitation in 2009.   Send me their name, email and webpage (or dept webpage).
You are welcome to post on this wall about them and provide some information too or just email
me privately.

I have recently been asked to work to ensure that this list of tenured women in doctoral
mathematics departments is complete.

Best,

Christina Sormani

Geraldine Taiani

May 27, 2014, 1:57:18 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
none.
Dina

Jean Taylor

May 27, 2014, 3:20:13 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I don't know much about what has been happening at either Rutgers or NYU.

Jean

Jenny Harrison

May 27, 2014, 3:26:36 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
Changes at UC Berkeley in the last five years or so:

1) Mina Aganagic was promoted to full professor. She is a string theorist and has a joint appointment in the Physics Department.
2) Olga Holtz was promoted to full professor.  She works in numerical analysis, matrix theory, algebra and combinatorics, computational complexity.
3) Marina Ratner retired but remains active in both teaching and research.  She is an ergodic theorist.
4) Katrin Werheim was appointed with tenure as an associate professor.  She works in low dimensional topology and symplectic geometry.
5) Lauren Williams was appointed and promoted to tenure.  She works in combinatorics, and connections to representation theory, geometry, and statistical physics.

I should mention three others who have been full professors for some time:

6) Chris Shannon works in mathematical economics.  She has a joint appointment in the Economics Department.
7) Vera Serganova works in super-representation theory.
8) Jenny Harrison (I work in functional analysis, geometric measure theory, calculus of variations, and mathematical physics.)

It appears that we are all thriving!

Best,

Jenny

Margaret Bayer

May 27, 2014, 4:31:42 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
The following woman was tenured in 2011 in the University of Kansas math department:
Myunghyun Oh, my...@ku.eduhttp://www.math.ku.edu/~moh/

-Marge

j...@math.columbia.edu

May 27, 2014, 6:03:53 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christina,

Since I am Prof. Emeritus I don't have the data you want. Suggest that
you contact Dusa McDuff and Daniella De Silva (Barnard) and Melissa
Liu and Todi Daskolopoulos (Columbia), to learn about the past 5 years.

Best,
Joan Birman

Marie Vitulli

May 27, 2014, 8:08:51 PM5/27/14
to women...@googlegroups.com
No newly tenured women at University of Oregon.  In fact, there are no tenured women at University of Oregon since I retired in 2011.  We did hire a tenure track women who is now in her second year.  Her name is Shabnam Akhtari.

Best,

Marie Vitulli

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Marie A. Vitulli
Professor Emerita of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
1222 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1222
tel.      1-541-346-5530

Mei-Chi Shaw

May 28, 2014, 7:51:48 AM5/28/14
to women...@googlegroups.com, Mei-Chi Shaw
Dear Christina:
Hello from Taipei!

There is only one woman who got tenure within the past five years. Her name is Katrina Barron and her e-mail address is

kba...@nd.edu

Best
Mei-Chi
Jun 4, 2014, 12:32:20 PM6/4/14
to women...@googlegroups.com, Mei-Chi Shaw
Hi,

during the last five years:
- Linda Allen (biomath) became Horn Professor (some kind of distinguished professor ship)
(linda....@ttu.edu)
- Vicki Howle (numerical analysis) was tenured and promoted to associate
(victori...@ttu.edu)
- Sophia Jang (biomath) was tenured (she was hired at the rank of associate)
(sophi...@ttu.edu)
-Lih-Ing Roeger (biomath) tenured and promoted to associate
(lih-ing...@ttu.edu)
- I was promoted to full professor (I do invariant theory)

Best

Mara D. Neusel
Professor and Director of Graduate Studies

Dept. of Math. and Stat. phone: +1/806/834 4404
Mail Stop 4-1042 department: +1/806/742-2566
Texas Tech University facsimile: +1/806/742-1112
Lubbock TX 79409-1042
USA

mara.d...@ttu.edu www.math.ttu.edu/~mneusel

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender only and delete the message.
Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of state and federal criminal laws.

May 24, 2015, 11:32:23 PM5/24/15
to women...@googlegroups.com, mara.d...@ttu.edu
The year has come to an end and so we should have more women tenured in doctoral departments this year. Ask your newly tenured colleagues to request to join our WomeninMath google group. Feel free to post the good news here as well!