WineCamp topix: lodging info; npo / dev reg follow-up; framing discussions

Greg Beuthin

May 5, 2006, 8:26:30 PM5/5/06
to Wine...@googlegroups.com

Ive spent some time this afternoon on WineCamp outreach, and some random things have come up.  Perhaps fodder for Tuesday?:

* Registration:  I suggest Chris (?) and I both keep an eye on who has registered, and their answers to the survey questions, just to make sure we are on top of peoples needs (even if we cant solve them].

* Nearby lodging is going to be a sticking point, I think.  If theres any additional info we can provide (like the resources Chris parents found) that would be good to publish.

* Should we start a carpool / childcare wiki page?  We can add a link to it in the registration email (and send emails to the folks already registered).

* Finally, as I was describing the event today to an organization, I realized we should be prepared for a certain level / mass of folks who are going just want things explained to them.  I.e. how the hell do I use Flickr for my org What happens when I put my event on Eventful.org and how can I make the most of that (and encourage my constituents / audience to do same)? So theres going to be a gap between some developers wanting to test their mettle on brand new solutions, and some nonprofits just wanting good examples of what to do with whats already out there (a la NetSquared case studies, but in person).  I know weve already talked about this, but its something that came up again.  :-)

Tara Hunt

May 6, 2006, 5:13:47 PM5/6/06
to Wine...@googlegroups.com
Great suggestions, Greg!

I'll set up a carpool/childcare wiki page this weekend. How about dog rules? Maybe a little section that says: bring your dogs, that's cool?

Yeah, we can have a general how to discussion group throughout the day. Perhaps some of us organizers can run that. Informal demos and discussions. One on one type stuff...always available? What do you think?

T.

On 5/5/06, Greg Beuthin <gbeu...@compumentor.org> wrote:

[...]

tara 'miss rogue' hunt
www.horsepigcow.com

Chris Messina

May 7, 2006, 2:28:42 AM5/7/06
to Wine...@googlegroups.com
Improving the design and organization of the wiki should be a key
priority for this week. Good call.

There is already a rideshare page, but perhaps we set up sections for
the wiki: before, getting there, during, cleanup, after...?

Thoughts?