Sony/BMG XPC code in the computer

livewire

Nov 15, 2005, 1:42:22 AM11/15/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
Dear Room;
You may or may not heard about the recentSony-BMG incident with the
artist music cd that came with a hidden program, which install a
rootkit spyware program in your operating system, when the cd is played
on the computer.
This program make your computer voulnarable to malware and other
viruses leaving a back door open and is even hard to detect by your
computer protection software.
You have to bring your computer down and start fresh in most
instantses.
It make me wonder how many computer Sony has infected with this. The
company said it only put it on U.S. music cd, but I'm beginning to
wonder about this. There could have many more of this spyware
transmited world wide.
Here are two news link that explain it further
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=1311693
My advice if you purchase music cd with in a last year from either Sony
or BMG have your computer checked out you could be harboring a malware.
DAVE