XP Activation

midbugs

Nov 27, 2005, 2:34:53 PM11/27/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
Hi all now I am quite knowledgeable about computers and also help out
on live web tech help but this time I have a Question. Ok I use windows

XP home it is a retail copy so is completely legal. The only thing I
DON'T now have it the hologram case label. Ok as I said I am a bit of
a computer neared !!! I am constantly adding / removing hardware and
formatting / reinstalling my XP home ( thing about 20 times in the last

2 years or so !! ) the problem is now it wont activate online so I have

to phone Microsoft and get the activation from them.. the last two
times I had phoned them they asking questions about why I have
installed it so much ( although I have to say they have NOT blocked it)

is there anyway of legally activating XP without going to Microsoft??.
I was told of 2 dll files in sys32 folder to save it this right??

Lovik

Dec 6, 2005, 1:33:47 PM12/6/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
hi buddy,

well i m having a workaround, i m not sure whether its leagal or not or
even if it's legel then will that work for winXP or not b'cause i had
tried this trick on my server 2003 n it worked fine. so hope it would
work for xp also.
First, if you're going to rebuild your system, back up
\windows\system32\wpa.dbl. It's the file that your system uses when
it boots to assure itself that you're properly activated, and it also
contains the hardware information. It's encrypted with the RC4
algorithm, so apparently it's not anything that youcan look at. But
if you back up wpa.dbl, reinstall your operating system, and restore
wpa.dbl to sytem32 and reboot, then in my experience it doesn't annoy
you about having to reactivate.

just try n if possible give feedback if its working or not.

:)

livewire

Jan 5, 2006, 3:34:13 AM1/5/06
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
Or you can go to http://www.crack.am this sight is for educational
purpose. They have what you need for a work around.
I would only use this sight if microsoft is not being generous in
giving you another activation code.