Controlling language in IE / Windows

GT

Sep 7, 2005, 10:56:48 AM9/7/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
I recently got an old system up and running but IE and all of the menus
are in German. It appears this is the default when setup? I have
searched for solutions and I found I need to change the language via IE
options. I go in, clicked Languages and the screen says I am using
Deutsch. I click add, select English-US, click Change but the only
language available in the dropdown is Deutsch. If I click 'Add' I get
the Windows Update page. (all of the above buttons are in German- I
have to keep looking on another computer to navigate.) There must be
something else I need to do. Alternatively, I am looking to wipe the
system and re-load.
Please help. thx

zab1000

Sep 7, 2005, 9:02:51 PM9/7/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
so ie only is in german.
you could try another browser . That may be the only way to solve it.
you could try searching microsft's knowledge base