Win XP SP2 - Hibernate

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

mjl...@gmail.com

未讀,
2006年3月13日 下午6:28:382006/3/13
收件者:Windows 9x/ME/xp
Just joined this group and I have my first question.
I am using a server (Dell SC420, Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 512 RAM) as a
desktop computer. I installed, from a DELL disk Windows XP SP2. Worked
beautifully, INCLUDING the Hibernate function. I inadvertentally
screwed up the hard disk and had to reformat and reinstall the OS and
all programs. No hassle because I frequently backup all data to an
extra external HD that I have. I did however run into one problem, the
HIBERNATE function does not work anymore. No sign of it under Power
Options. Called Dell for advice, reply they do not support using a
server as a computer. They did say that the problem is in the OS. This
is hard to believe because I reinstalled the OS from the SAME disk as
the original installation when Hibernate worked. I also cannot find any
mention of hibernate in the BIOS.
If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Marty J

zab1000

未讀,
2006年3月20日 上午11:50:352006/3/20
收件者:Windows 9x/ME/xp
did you update anything on your original intall that you didn't update
the second time especially the BIOS? also see if you can enable it.
thanks for joining.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄