Increasing IE's Security The Easy Way

SparkyMcSpank

Aug 29, 2005, 12:31:31 AM8/29/05
to Windows 9x/ME/xp
Before I start, I just like to preface this posting with an
explanation. You will read below several instances when I mentioned MCH
Forums. I created the forums site and moderate it as well. It is a
computer help forum much like this group. However, it is not
email-based like this Googlegroup. It is more like a website where you
can post about your PC or Windows problems and allow others to suggest
solutions. I own also several computer help Yahoogroups, the biggest of
which is MCH Yahoogroup which is not to be confused with MCH Forums,
although both groups are closely associated. I moderate MCH Yahoogroup
too. MCH Forums settings can be personalized so that everytime someone
posts a response to your posting, you would be notified via email. Just
go to the last link posted here at the bottom to learn how that can be
done. I think you will find MCH Forums very very informative and
valuable. It is a treasure trove of helpful computer or Windows tweaks,
tricks, tips and tutorials which everyone can use. MCH Forums is
security-centric too. We keep both privacy and security in mind when
suggesting solutions to computer problems. Links to both groups follow:
MCH Forums
http://mycomputerheadaches.tz4.com
MCH Yahoogroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches

Now, back to the regular program....

I just posted a new article in MCH Forums' Software, Applications and
Utilities Forum under the Internet Browsers subforum. It involves
adding an IE add-on that will make protecting your system much more
convenient while using IE on the net. Check it out:

NOTE: All articles is inaccessible if you are not a registered member
of MCH Forums.

IE TIPS & TRICKS
http://shorterlink.com/?1GJE4U
The article is at the bottom of the thread but this whole thread is a
treasure trove of IE tips that all of you will like.

I also added an article on a new antispyware detector. Do yourself a
favor and use it. I used it in two of my friends' computers and was
surprised to find some auto phone-dialers which none of the usual
antispyware detected such as MS AntiSpyware, Spybot and Adaware to my
surprise. You can add it to the 'boys' (your antispyware arsenal) as
another antispyware tool. You can find it at The Library->Reference
Articles->Malware Issues. You will need the special password to access
these forums. If you do not have it yet, and you are a member, email me
privately for it. The thread is:
Anti-Malware
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=2&st=15
This is the second page of the Anti-Malware thread, which I'm sure you
will find verrrry informative, detailed and valuable. It is the one
thread that is most viewed in the whole site. The article I am
referring to could be the last posting in the thread or the second to
the last, depending on whether I will add another new article to the
thread or not. I most likely will add another one because I found
another antispyware being mentioned in other forums that seem very
promising. Watch for this new article as well.

I also added a new entry in our Bookmarks Forum's Bookmark Sites
thread:
Go to The Library->Bookmarks
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=45
The site I added is great. It will allow you to save the sites you want
to bookmark, not on your PC but in another site :). They give you 5
gigabyte storage space to save the sites to. hehe...Schweeeetttt!!!!

Kaden has not neglected you, Win98 users. Look for her Win98 security
tips here:
Operating Systems->Windows 9X
The thread is:
Win9X Security Tips
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=211&st=0

Some more contributions from Kaden can be found here:
Win9X Tips, Tricks, Tweaks & Tutorials
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=95

More security tips here:

Security and Privacy->System Security Issues
The thread is:
TIPS: Keeping your PC Secure
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=66&st=0

Security and Privacy->Privacy Issues
The thread is:
Surf the Web Anonymously
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=218&st=0

Security and Privacy->Networking Security Issues
The thread is:
WI-FI Security
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=97&st=0

Rich also wrote an article about a keylogger remover:
Security and Privacy->System Security Issues
The thread is:
Srv.SSA-KeyLogger
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=223

If you are a new member, please visit:
MCH Forums Issues->Announcements
and read the following thread:
What Every Member Needs To Do As Members Of MCH Forums
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?showtopic=224