Walk in the Nizamuddin Area and Other Upcoming Events in Delhi

Arka Mukhopadhyay

Sep 3, 2014, 4:59:11 PM9/3/14
to inv...@yahoogroups.com, whazzu...@googlegroups.com, delhinc...@googlegroups.com, creati...@yahoogroups.com, impulsew...@googlegroups.com, options-...@googlegroups.com
The Arshinagar Project presents a walk called "Bazaar of the Heart" in the Nizamuddin area, from 5:30 to 7:30 in the evening on Friday, September 5th. The walk traverses some of the physical cand imaginary landscapes of the place, through the poetry of Hzt. Amer Khusrao, and many of the oral narratives that have bloomed there. We will end up at the Sufi Inayat Khan Dargah where they have Qawwali on Fridays. Participation for this is 500/-

To participate, please contact 09831731422

Some of our other upcoming events in the next few days:

Solo performance, "If It Be Now - Fragments and Impressions of Hamlet", at Quiet House, 42, A-2, Hemkunt, tomorrow at 6:30 PM. This is a 40 minute devised piece by Arka Mukhopadhyay, which weaves a complex tapestry of text, movement and sound based on works by Pasternak, Heiner Muller, Jan Kott and others. The minimums suggested contribution is 200/-. Please call 09831731422 to reserve your place.

There will be a three hour worksession at Quiet House on Saturday evening. The worksession aims to create a sense of awakening in participans through work on breath, body and voice. It is open to actors and dances, and also anyone wanting to explore the inner aspects of themselves. The worksession will be lead by Arka Mukhopadhyay. The fee for the session is 750/-. Please call 09831731422 to register.

There is a workshop  called "Breath, Body, Space - Towards the Stillpoint", at imatter, 78, Nehru Apartments, on Saturday and Sunday, from 12 to 5.
The workshop aims to help the participants ask the question, 'what is
my process?'. The workshop will attempt to awaken in the participant a
deep quality of stillness, attention, receptivity and responsiveness.

Through an awareness of breath, we'll set free the rhythmic,
expressive body, through which we can attain not only competence as
performing artists, but also strive towards our creative, human
potential. Thus, we will look not only for skills and technique, but
towards our inner life process.

The fee for the workshop is 2,000/-.

For details, and to register, please contact the following:

Warmly,
The Arshinagar Project Team