Fwd: The Attic Baisakhi Festival and April Programmes

Karishma Pais

Apr 10, 2013, 5:57:35 PM4/10/13
to whazzu...@googlegroups.com

From: The Attic <mi...@theatticdelhi.org>

THE ATTIC 36 REGAL BUILDINGS, NEW DELHI  TEL: 23746050
www.theatticdelhi.org

B A I S A K H I   FES T I V A L    13th  TO  17th  A P R I L 2013

saturday 13th april
2.30 to 4 pm Workshop Gidda and Bhangra conducted by Tripat Kaur Dhillon

saturday 13th april to wednesday 17th april
11.30 am to 6pm (closed Sunday) Exhibition “Phulkari : Threads of the Punjab”

saturday 13th april
6.30 pm ‘Punjabi Ethos’ a remembrance of old Punjab by Reena Nanda
7.00 pm ‘Phulkari: Threads of Identity’ – a talk by Sunaina Suneja

sunday 14th april
11 am to 2 pm Gurudwara Walk - “ An Empirical Experience of the Sikh Faith on the occasion of Baisakhi”  – conducted by Robinson

monday 15th april
6.30 pm “The Tragic Love Story of Heer and Ranjha” a performance by Madan Gopal Singh
Location : SUJAN SINGH PARK LAWN

tuesday 16th april
6.30 pm “ Gurbani Kirtan Parampara: Insights On Traditional Medieval Compositions” – a lecture demonstration by Bhai Baldeep Singh
Location : SUJAN SINGH PARK LAWN

wednesday 17th april  -
6.30 pm “Geet Punjab De” - Folk Songs of the Punjab  by Madanbala Sindhu
Location : SUJAN SINGH PARK LAWN

THE ATTIC APRIL PROGRAMMES

saturday 6th  april
6.30 pm Moonweavers - Chaand ke Julaahe Poetry Open Mic
Theme – City & Village

monday 8th april
6.30 pm The Foundations of Western Civilization
Lecture 39- Vernacular Culture
Lecture 40 - The Crisis of Renaissance Europe

saturday 20th april
6.30 pm “Ishk Hakiki” the real love – an evening of sufi music by  Sufi Bawra

monday 22nd april
6.30 pm The Foundations of Western Civilization
Lecture 41- The Renaissance Problem
Lecture 42 - Renaissance Portraits

thursday 25th april
6.30 pm “ Tum mere paas raho” – Why Faiz will always stay with me by Dr Saif Mahmood

saturday 27th april
6.30 pm Readings from “Khud-garifta”  [Hindi and Urdu] by  Ijlal Majeed and panel discussion

Copyright © 2013 The Attic, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
The Attic
36 Regal Building
New Delhi 110001