[JOB] Senior Dev at Optimal Workshop

Nahum Wild

Jan 26, 2015, 7:53:28 PM1/26/15
to WellRailed
I am pleased to announce that our team at Optimal Workshop is once again growing. We’re looking for a Senior Developer with Rails experience to contribute towards direction and provide mentoring.

To give you a feel for the type of work you’ll be involved with, here are a few I can publicly talk about:

* Upgrading from Rails 3.2
* Significant improvements to our backend admin section
* We’re switching from MySQL to Postgresql
* Creating entirely new survey tools, we currently have 3
* Survey result number crunching and wiz-bang visualisations
* Performance tuning and uptime improvements

Who this is for:

* Someone comfortable being involved across the business
* Can clearly communicate complex concepts
* Enjoys owning a product and constantly working to improve and extend it

Requirements:

* 1 years commercial or equivalent Ruby on Rails and Javascript experience
* You’re a Senior Developer who has worked on a number of different projects at different business
* Able to work onsite in Wellington, New Zealand

Nice to have experience, but ok if you don’t have it:

* Infrastructure design and maintenance
* Contributions to open source projects, send us links please

How to apply:

Please send your details to dev_...@optimalworkshop.com

About Us:

Optimal Workshop is a fast growing (we’ve been in the Deloitte Asia Pacific Technology Fast500 the past 2 years) New Zealand based software company creating tools to help people make websites easier to use.

For further information please visit our careers page (http://www.optimalworkshop.com/careers). Oh and if you’ve been to a Wellrailed meetup last year you’ve already been to our office :-)

----

Nahum Wild
CTO
Optimal Workshop

nahum

Jan 28, 2015, 11:30:26 PM1/28/15
to wellr...@googlegroups.com

Also worth noting, I'll be at the Auckland Railscamp #5 this weekend and then at Ruby Conf in Melbourne for in anyone wanted to find out more etc...

--nahum

Julian Doherty

Jan 29, 2015, 11:57:13 PM1/29/15
to wellr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nahum

Would be good to catch up and have a chat about that role at Ruby Conf in Melbourne next week
--
Julian Doherty (@madlep)

Nahum Wild

Jan 30, 2015, 4:47:29 PM1/30/15
to WellRailed

Hey, yeah it would. Am in town from wed afternoon and fly out first thing Sunday.

--nahum