Fwd: Seeking Qualified Tenant Defense Attorneys for Appointed Counsel for Indigent Program

Jonathan Ko

May 10, 2023, 7:31:58 PM5/10/23
to WashingtonAttorneyswith...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I hope this email finds everyone well. I am reaching out to share an exciting opportunity for qualified attorneys who are interested in making a difference in their community.

Our Appointed Counsel for Indigent Tenants Program is currently seeking applications for two Tenant Defense Attorneys positions. These attorneys will provide crucial legal assistance to tenants facing eviction in eastern and central Washington, ensuring they have access to fair representation and safeguarding their rights.

We have two openings available:

  1. A full-time position in the Benton-Franklin Area.
  2. A half-time position in or around Grant County.

We are looking for attorneys who are passionate about social justice and/or have experience in landlord-tenant law or eviction defense, and are dedicated to providing high-quality legal representation to indigent tenants.

If you know of any attorneys in your network who may be interested in applying or learning more about these positions, please encourage them to submit their qualifications in response to our Request for Qualifications (RFQ). The detailed RFQ is attached.

The positions will be open until filled, and we kindly request that you circulate this opportunity among your members and other relevant contacts.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at evcitio...@ocla.wa.gov

Thank you for your assistance in helping us find the best candidates to serve our community's most vulnerable tenants. We appreciate your support and collaboration in this important initiative.

Best regards,

Philippe A. Knab (he/him)

Office of Civil Legal Aid

Eviction Defense Program Manager