Correction and Update

mike.p.kramer12

Mar 30, 2017, 10:37:22 AM3/30/17
to Washington University in St. Louis_Triathlon
Not quite sure what happened, but yesterday when I sent this out it apparently only went to about half of the people on our list. I also forgot to attach the practice schedule. I expect everyone to print this out, screenshot it, and make time for these workouts.

READ THIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAREFULLY
Action Items
Venmo $50 dues if going to nationals
Come to and adhere to our April practice schedule
All-team ride on Sunday on our new bikes leaving from Sumers @ 11 AM
Come register for nationals in the SU second floor on Thursday from 2:40-5 PM
Confirm nationals status
Register for something during marathon weekend
Check out the other remaining opportunities
Read this email through carefully

Hey Trihards,
Some of you are swimming as I write this and I'd rather be in the pool with you guys, but making the team as great as possible for you all takes priority over my own training, so, here you go, the much awaited, big, bad, rocking nationals email.
For those of you who don't know, Nationals is in Tuscaloosa at the University of Alabama and it's also the weekend of their Spring football game so it's going to be utterly mobbed. Major shoutout to Ellie for reserving us hotel rooms before they ran out. On that note, weekly shoutouts:
VP Jimbo for continuing to truck on through his concussion. Jess, Caleb, Joel, and Reid for their continued coaching. Treasurer Kitty Kate for purchasing our bike racks.
For those of you that don't know, would hope everyone does at this point, last week, our nationals and bike appeal were generously granted by Student Union in full to a tune of $12000. They will be covering ~95% of our expenses for nationals and afforded us the luxury of 6 new team bikes, bringing our total available bikes to 10 once all are in our possession. Shoutouts to Joel, Zach, Sean, and Jimbo for being there to help sell SU on it.
With that said, for miscellaneous expenses SU does not cover, we will be collecting $50 in semester dues, as originally expressed, from everyone going to nationals. Please Venmo: mikekramer12 or give cash to me in person no later than this Monday.

Other than our two draft legal participants, we will be traveling to nationals in a caravan of minivans leaving at 6 AM on Friday, April 21st. Our two draft legal participants, ideally Sean Fallon and Connie Gan, and up to two others will be leaving Thursday afternoon/early evening.
Between our 10 team bikes, those of us who have our own bikes, and a few bike rentals everyone will have something to ride.
We will be renting wetsuits and aero helmets from Big Shark Bikes, reminder that we all have a 20% discount there to use on everything, but labor.
Kate and I are registering people for nationals from 2:40-5 tomorrow, March 30th, in the upstairs SU office. If you do not want to have to front the cost and be reimbursed, we expect you to at least stop by between classes.
We will have full nutrition kits available for nationals for everyone so do not buy anything on your own ahead of time.
Final Nationals List, if you are not on this and think you should be, you need to alert Kate or I by noon on Friday.
Caleb Wolters
Flynn Walker
Grigg Schneider
Ian Demoura
Jimbo Reddy
Joel Pugh
Michael Kramer
Nick Rafferty
Sean Fallon
Zach Teed
Connie Gan
Ellie Gottdenker
Kate Westenberg
Lizzie Abbott
Nicolette Laird

Itinerary for non-Draft Legal Participants
Friday
Meet outside Sumers, ready to go at 6 AM
Stop for lunch at noon
Arrive in Tuscaloosa by 3 PM
3-4 PM, Pick up race packets and enjoy expo
4-5:30 PM, Go to hotel and get settled
5:30-7 PM, Team Stretch and Race Prep
7-8:30 PM, Either USAT Pasta Dinner or Team Meal
8:30-9:00 Debriefing
9:00-10:00 Relaxation, (9:30 recommened lights out)
10 PM Lights out for everyone

Saturday
5:00 AM- Wake up
5:30 AM- Leave for course
6:00-7:00 AM- Set up Transition
7 AM-11 AM Men Race
10 AM -2 PM Women Race
2-3 Shower and Cleanup at hotel
3-4 Linner
7-8 Dinner
8-9:30 Awards if any to be received
~Midnight Arrive at hotel
7:30 AM Wakeup
8:00 AM, Leave hotel
~Noon, Arrive back at WashU

ATTACHED IS THE APRIL PRACTICE SCHEDULE, I EXPECT ALL NATIONALS PARTICIPANTS TO ADHERE TO THIS VERY, VERY CLOSELY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME TO OUR ACTUAL PRACTICES, BUT HIT THE DISTANCES.

Other Remaining Excitements
April 11th- The original founder of the team, Professor Peter Boumgarden is plannin on running/biking with the team at 6:15 PM, this is an incredible opportunity to hang out with a really, really cool Professor who also happens to have been a semi-pro triathlete for a period. Come learn! Come have fun! There might be snacks! Do not disappoint me with turnout on this day!
April 30th- Last race of the year, St. Peters Recplex, Sprint distance, expecting basically everyone on the team to race this
May 1st- End of Year Dinner, Paper Plates, and Other fun things (don't miss it!), Probably at Seoul Taco/other restaurant where I can let everyone eat for free

Other things to keep in mind:
Tri Team Career Database (internal LinkedIN): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3ozUtDTik4QLUdjXawTxkgsZM7eYZ5g19f_LcVCMia7cfYw/viewform
Tri Team Drive (all the important documents for the team, will be updated later this week, add it to your Google drive): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6QG_m-IwbG1eVpqd2s1V21ETjA
Team Cheer:

Who are we?

The mighty mighty trihards

Where do we come from?

Washington U.

How do we train?

Through the pain

Why do we do it?

We can't just say screw it

What are we?

Bearly Triathletes

When do we win?

When our Bear pride shines through

Bears on 3, Bears on 3, 1, 2, 3, Go Bears!

#hypehypehype,
President Kramer
Tri Team Spring 2017 April Calendar.pdf