Please report any flooding to 3-1-1

Heather n Darron Fleming

Apr 25, 2023, 5:11:22 PM4/25/23
to walnutc...@googlegroups.com
Hi neighbors,

For the past few years, we've talked with the City of Austin about the flooding situation at the bottom of Scribe Drive and Scotch Broom. We've always had a flooding problem, but like most of you, we take care of things ourselves. Lately, though, with all the changes to drainage on Parmer, the flooding is increasing and getting worse. I can share a lot of info with you if you are interested, but that's not the main goal of this email.

The person in charge of this project, Pam, has suggested that any time any of us experience flooding, we should notify 3-1-1 so that there is a record of the occurrence. It's the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" type of situation. The more incidents that are reported, the higher up our project moves on the clipboard. I like the email option for 311 so that I'm not tying up any phone lines. So please, even if you only get your yard flooded, please notify 311.

Thanks so much! I'm attaching a short video of the excitement from this last record rainfall, just for fun. Please excuse the poor quality, I'm not that great at taking videos in lightning storms! LOL😉

~Heather Fleming on Scribe Drive
IMG_6166 (1).mp4

lindaco...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2023, 2:23:53 PM4/26/23