class schedule, last assignment, course improvement, party

John Harrison

Apr 27, 2009, 10:12:29 PM4/27/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Hey class. Congratulations again on a great show. The more distance I get from the show the more I am impressed with all of you --- from your willingness to step out of your comfort zone with the class material and structure to the hard work you put into your final projects.

No class this week
: Let's take Tuesday off, and no Friday lab either. The will be class next week at the Finn Building. We'll together go over each project and talk about them. At the end of Friday's class (May 8th), we'll do the tear-down and bring everything back to the CRATEL lab.

We still have our Friday show 6-10pm and Sat 1-5pm. Sat will also be our party for our families etc. Invite whoever you want and let's make it a pot-luck. Anybody have a grill they can bring to Finn? Here's a list of other stuff. It would be great if people could pick something from the list and let us all know:
  • pop
  • cups & plastic-ware
  • chips
  • potato salad
  • hot dogs
  • hamburgers (3 people could bring this, since will be the most expensive thing)
  • hamburger buns
  • hot dog buns
  • charcoal and lighter
Also, all of you are welcome to fire up the projects any time you wish this week to show friends and family. Just get the key, fire up the circuit breakers, and turn the projects on. Most of them simply turn on or have pretty simple directions to get them going. The only exceptions are Sunrise and Moon rise. You'd have to talk to those groups' members to find out how to start them.

Your last assignment is due May 15 and this one is important: a group writeup of your final project. Details:
http://cratel.wichita.edu/cratel/TASD2009/Assignments/FinalProjectDocs

Finally, while not required we would welcome feedback about the class. Leave it in the "Course Improvement" category of the blog. Comment on other people's feedback as well, if you are so inclined.

-John

--
John Harrison
http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~harrison

Aum Nadkarni

Apr 28, 2009, 11:52:58 AM4/28/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

This sounds great ... I'll get the pop for the party!

Thanks,

Aum

Maria M Aguirre

Apr 28, 2009, 12:53:23 PM4/28/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com

cool, I'll get the chips

> Hey class. *Congratulations* again on a great show. The more
> distance I
> get from the show the more I am impressed with all of you --- from
> your
> willingness to step out of your comfort zone with the class
> material and
> structure to the hard work you put into your final projects.
> *
> No class this week*: Let's take Tuesday off, and no Friday lab
> either.
> The will be *class next week at the Finn Building*. We'll together
> go
> over each project and talk about them. At the end of Friday's
> class (May
> 8th), we'll do the tear-down and bring everything back to the
> CRATEL lab.
>
> We still have our *Friday show 6-10pm* and *Sat 1-5pm*. Sat will
> also be
> our* party for our families* etc. Invite whoever you want and
> let's make
> it a pot-luck. Anybody have a grill they can bring to Finn? Here's
> list of other stuff. It would be great if people could pick
> something
> from the list and let us all know:
>
>    * pop
>    * cups & plastic-ware
>    * chips
>    * potato salad
>    * hot dogs
>    * hamburgers (3 people could bring this, since will be the most
>      expensive thing)
>    * hamburger buns
>    * hot dog buns
>    * charcoal and lighter
>
> Also, all of you are welcome to *fire up the projects any time you
> wish
> this week *to show friends and family. Just get the key, fire up
> the
> circuit breakers, and turn the projects on. Most of them simply
> turn on
> or have pretty simple directions to get them going. The only
> exceptions
> are Sunrise and Moon rise. You'd have to talk to those groups'
> members
> to find out how to start them.
>
> *Your last assignment is due May 15* and this one is important: a
> group
> writeup of your final project. Details:
> http://cratel.wichita.edu/cratel/TASD2009/Assignments/FinalProjectDocs
>
> Finally, while not required we would welcome *feedback about the
> class*.
> Leave it in the "Course Improvement" category of the blog

Jeff Broomhead

Apr 28, 2009, 4:03:38 PM4/28/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring some hamburgers

Jeff B.
Apr 29, 2009, 1:21:59 AM4/29/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Ditto on the congratulations, etc! Think I told you all already how much I enjoyed your projects--I heard lots of compliments from people outside of our class, too--

Hopefully, you all will still be partying at Finn by the time I get back to town Saturday night (I'm in Phoenix this week)! If not, I'll see you all on Tuesday. Congratulations again!

Ann

> Jeff B.

Barrett Ellis

Apr 30, 2009, 12:31:47 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
On saturday, are we eating and all that stuff from1 to 5 or are we eating after 5?

John Harrison

Apr 30, 2009, 3:56:34 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Eating from 1 to 5.

Ivy Jade Lanning

Apr 30, 2009, 6:49:01 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring charcoal and lighter fluid.

Here's a list of what we still need/what people are bringing:

soda - Aum
cups & plastic-ware - Ron
chips - Maria
potato salad
hot dogs
hamburgers (3 people could bring this, since will be the most expensive thing) - Ron
hamburger buns
hot dog buns
charcoal and lighter - Ivy

> Hey class. *Congratulations* again on a great show. The more
> distance I
> get from the show the more I am impressed with all of you --- from
> your
> willingness to step out of your comfort zone with the class
> material and
> structure to the hard work you put into your final projects.
> *
> No class this week*: Let's take Tuesday off, and no Friday lab
> either.
> The will be *class next week at the Finn Building*. We'll together
> go
> over each project and talk about them. At the end of Friday's class
> (May
> 8th), we'll do the tear-down and bring everything back to the
> CRATEL lab.
>
> We still have our *Friday show 6-10pm* and *Sat 1-5pm*. Sat will
> also be
> our* party for our families* etc. Invite whoever you want and let's
> make
> it a pot-luck. Anybody have a grill they can bring to Finn? Here's
> list of other stuff. It would be great if people could pick
> something
> from the list and let us all know:
>
> * pop
> * cups & plastic-ware
> * chips
> * potato salad
> * hot dogs
> * hamburgers (3 people could bring this, since will be the most
> expensive thing)
> * hamburger buns
> * hot dog buns
> * charcoal and lighter
>
> Also, all of you are welcome to *fire up the projects any time you
> wish
> this week *to show friends and family. Just get the key, fire up
> the
> circuit breakers, and turn the projects on. Most of them simply
> turn on
> or have pretty simple directions to get them going. The only
> exceptions
> are Sunrise and Moon rise. You'd have to talk to those groups'
> members
> to find out how to start them.
>
> *Your last assignment is due May 15* and this one is important: a
> group
> writeup of your final project. Details:
> http://cratel.wichita.edu/cratel/TASD2009/Assignments/FinalProjectDocs
>
> Finally, while not required we would welcome *feedback about the
> class*.
> Leave it in the "Course Improvement" category of the blog
> <http://cratel.wichita.edu/blogs/TASD2009/>. Comment on other

Thomas G Hoefer

Apr 30, 2009, 7:58:33 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I got the Hot Doggies!!!!

Barrett Ellis

Apr 30, 2009, 8:00:53 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Id be there if it was in the evening, but I cant go during the day :
( bummer guys

Thomas G Hoefer

Apr 30, 2009, 8:03:32 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
Unacceptable B, you need to be there to eat some of my hot dogs!!!

Lauren Hirsh

Apr 30, 2009, 10:10:39 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could be there Saturday, too, but will be out of town! It'd be great to celebrate with you all...

I'll be there tomorrow from 6-10 and I know you all will too

Lauren
--
don't miss wsuir.wichita.edu

John Harrison

Apr 30, 2009, 11:28:35 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
check in whenever you are free. Maybe some people will still be hanging out.

Also if any class alumni or "friends of TASD" want to stop by, please do.

-John

Casey Knolla

Apr 30, 2009, 11:31:08 PM4/30/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring hamburger buns. How many will we need?
I work at 4:30 on Saturday, so I'll be leaving around 4.

Karma Michele

May 1, 2009, 3:22:33 PM5/1/09
to WSU-Tech-A...@googlegroups.com
I can bring burgers! ;)