Fwd: Rally Call - Arts in Education - USD 259

Kristin Beal Degrandmont

Mar 1, 2010, 10:36:07 AM3/1/10
to Trish Higgins Fine Art, Lauren Hirsh, John Harrison, tanya tandock, ann resnick, Robert Bubp, Mary Werner, a...@downtownwichita.org, annette...@wichita.edu, Tom McGuire McGuire, Emily Christensen, Heather Boyce-Broddle, connie bonfy, Lori Burress, Brian Cartwright, IanWalkerStewart, JOEY CAPADONA, diane and gary lincoln, PATRICIA HIGGINS, Shift Space Press and Recruitment, Robyn Mabe, Ron Christ, Roman Rodriguez, tasd-prof-artists, Thomas Cook, wsu tasd, Kendra Teel
In case you missed this:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Wade Hampton <wa...@wadehamptonart.com>
Date: February 23, 2010 3:57:57 PM CST
To: Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: Rally Call - Arts in Education - USD 259

Hello Arts Community,

Over the past few weeks, because of the state budget issues, there have been concerns about the future of Visual Arts Education in the Wichita Public School System.

As you can see from the email below by USD 259 Superintendent John Allison and from the article in the Wichita Eagle today

http://www.kansas.com/2010/02/23/1194372/schools-expect-25-million-budget.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container,

there are going to be some opportunities for community members to value rank programs / services. According to the article in the newspaper, Elementary , Middle School and High School VISUAL ART are on the list of items to be Value Ranked.

I am planning to attend the Monday, March 1st community meeting at Southeast HS – but I am only a single voice…

You are all invited to attend and participate, along with other interested community members.

I have attached some art advocacy articles/flyers that may “help the cause” – You are welcome to share the information as you see fit – (conversations with students, parents, colleagues, community members, business leaders, etc).

Let me know if you have other ideas for increasing the awareness in the community of the importance of visual arts education for the future of Wichita.

Art Education = Visual Literacy, Design, Creativity, Innovation, Our Future.

Maybe I will see some of you at the Monday night meeting...

Respectfully,

Tina Murano