Fwd: [aoh] Art of Hosting Social Innovation in Thailand!

Michel Bauwens

Apr 21, 2011, 5:22:18 AM4/21/11
to barcamp-c...@googlegroups.com, woict, tatian...@the-hub.net, b...@berkana.org, Sunit Shrestha, Arthit Suriyawongkul, Martin Venzky-Stalling, narawan pathomvat
Dear Tatiana, (Bob),

thanks for the news, which I'm forwarding to a few potentially interested people, mostly in Chiang Mai where I'm based

If you have a facebook link or an URL, I could forward to a few extra people

Unfortunately, I will be in Melbourne at that time, doing my own workshops and lectures,

I have Marti's email in my archive but do not recall meeting, apologies if my memory is failing here,

the entry fee's, about 10 times the monthly salary of a construction worker, does seem distinctly unthai however <g>

Michel

From: Bob Stilger <b...@berkana.org>
Date: 20 April, 2011 3:36:06  GMT+02:00

Hello friends,

In June we're offering an Art of Hosting Social Innovation in Thailand.  In many ways, this is a prototype and an attempt to begin drawing together a community of practioners who know that good dialog leads to good innovation.

As some of you know, I've been working extensively in Japan for the last year and a half.  In fact, I am in Japan now, working with a wide range of businesses and community based organizations to discover ways in which Japan can move forward into a new future now.  You can see more about this current work at www.resilientjapan.org

This work has been build around Art of Hosting.  We've held two full trainings a a wide range of smaller events since January of 2010.  These events have led to an interesting set of connections around the SE Asia region, namely:

1.  Last November I was co-hosting the Global Future Center summit in Tokyo.  We had participants from Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia.  There was genuine hunger the for practices to create BA (Japanese word that means hospitable space and much more) where innovation can arise.  I'll be inviting these people and their networks.

2. In December in japan I met the director of the East-West Center's leadership program in Honolulu.  One of our translators went through that program a few years ago.  Nick spoke of the large alumni network the program has: most participants come from SE Asia.  He spoke of their interest in more learning.  They look like a network that it would be good to connect with Art of Hosting.

3.  In November my friend Hide Inoue, founder of Social Venture Partners - Tokyo and affectionately referred to as the father of social innovation in Japan when to Thailand to present on social innovation  to the Prime Minister and invited guests.  There's also a fairly large Japanese community in Thailand.  Hide  met my dear friend Marti while there.

4.  Marti and I have been siblings since being in the same doctoral cohort in 1995.  In out opening session we were asked to write one word and put it into the hat that described the gift we brought to the cohort.  Marti and I both chose "presence." We served on each other's dissertation committees.  She and her husband Michael have been living in Thailand for about four years and Michael does USAID supported development work in the region.

We are eager to see what community we might be able to bring together!

We would welcome the support of the AoH community all over the world.  Please pass the attached flyer along to any you think might be interested.

Blessings, Bob

Bob Stilger

The Berkana Institute
924 East Ninth Avenue
Spokane, WA 99202 USA

(509) 835 4128

www.berkana.org
www.resilientcommunities.org

Skype, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo:  bobstilger

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world..as in being able to remake ourselves.  Mahatma Gandhi

P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

Updates: http://del.icio.us/mbauwens; http://friendfeed.com/mbauwens; http://twitter.com/mbauwens; http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens

AoH_Thailand.pdf

Paola Di Maio

Apr 21, 2011, 8:16:50 AM4/21/11
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, WO...@googlegroups.com
i hope some on this list may be be interested in this initiative
received via Michel ant te p2pfoundation

in which case, please hook up and report back!

cheers P

AoH_Thailand.pdf