Fwd: Update and Request from Art of Hosting Social Innovation - Thailand

Michel Bauwens

May 22, 2011, 4:26:45 PM5/22/11
to barcamp-c...@googlegroups.com, woict, Martin Venzky-Stalling
distributed on request

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bob Stilger <bobst...@me.com>
Date: Sun, May 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM
Subject: Update and Request from Art of Hosting Social Innovation - Thailand
To: Bob Stilger <b...@berkana.org>

Hello Friends,

I'm sending this e-mail to registrants for the Art of Hosting Social Innovation in Thailand, our hosting team, and those who have expressed interest but have not yet registered.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting gathering of people from across Southeast Asia -- Thailand, Cambodia, China, Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia.  Here are some of the things people have said in their registrations:

  • I have worked in international development for more than 15 years and most of that time has been spent in leadership positions in global organizations, most often based in cultures other than my own.
  • I've been working with community life competence process (CLCP) to address issues on HIV-AIDS, Adolescent Reproductive Health, Gender and Women's Rights.
  • I am interested in looking ahead to how I can apply the learning to my current work and to areas I can participate in to benefit society, especially after I move on from my current position.
  • I am intending to elevate my level of mastery in being someone around whom the right conversations with the right people at the right time can occur to truly capture the hearts and minds of stakeholders, allowing for alignment and clear pathways for action to take place.
  • Communication is the very important tool for success in the day to day program implementation.  Participating in this training will help me immensely in recognize the requirements by understanding people well and help me in taking decisions as per their interests.

When we decided to call this first Art of Hosting Social Innovation in Southeast Asia, we did so, in part, out of a growing sense that people working on social innovation in the region needed to be connected with each other.  It is time to both deepen our own practices around leadership and innovation AND to connect with each other to share learning.

We're looking forward to being together in three weeks -- and we could use your help!  We need more participants to make this workshop an even more robust three days.  Please give us a hand!  We would appreciate it if you passed this invitation on to friends and colleagues.  Please tell those for whom finances are an obstacle to contact me directly.  We have no funds to support the cost of participant travel, lodging or meals, but we have some flexibility in terms of the rest of tuition.

Here's the URL with a PDF Flyer you can download:  http://bit.ly/ThailandAoH

See you soon at the Birds and Bees!

Best,

Bob

Bob Stilger
The Berkana Institute
924 East Ninth Avenue
Spokane, WA 99202 USA

(509) 835 4128

www.berkana.org
www.resilientjapan.org
www.resilientcommunities.org

Skype, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo:  bobstilger

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world..as in being able to remake ourselves.  Mahatma Gandhi

--
P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

Updates: http://del.icio.us/mbauwens; http://friendfeed.com/mbauwens; http://twitter.com/mbauwens; http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens