manual annotation deadline extended until Monday

Chris Callison-Burch

Jan 30, 2009, 6:52:52 PM1/30/09
to WM...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've extended the deadline for the manual annotation until Monday.
Please help out with additional judgments if you've got some spare time:
http://www.statmt.org/wmt09/judge/
Thank you again for your excellent contributions to the workshop.

--Chris

Chris Callison-Burch

Jan 31, 2009, 4:43:10 AM1/31/09
to WM...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick follow-up: the sentence ranking tasks are probably the
most valuable at this point, since they will help us achieve
statistical significance. --C

Yuval Marton

Jan 31, 2009, 10:17:36 AM1/31/09
to WM...@googlegroups.com, Chris Callison-Burch
Is the wmt09 server down?
I get no response or proxy error.

Anecdotally, the Google search also behaves strangely (thanks to Hendra for pointing this out to me). If I search CCB's home page, I get this:

Chris Callison-Burch

This site may harm your computer.

... unless Chris has joined the dark side!  ;-)
May the Force be with you,
-Yuval

Josh Schroeder

Jan 31, 2009, 10:28:23 AM1/31/09
to WM...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The Edinburgh Informatics department's network has been down for most
of Saturday, so the evaluation site is inaccessible. Apologies.

-Josh

Quoting Yuval Marton <yuval...@gmail.com>:

> Is the wmt09 server down?
> I get no response or proxy error.
>
> Anecdotally, the Google search also behaves strangely (thanks to Hendra for
> pointing this out to me). If I search CCB's home page, I get this:
> Chris
> *Callison*-*Burch*<http://www.google.com/interstitial?url=http://www.cs.jhu.edu/%7Eccb/>This
> site may harm your
> computer.<http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=45449&topic=360&hl=en&sa=X&oi=malwarewarninglink&resnum=1&ct=help>
>

> ... unless Chris has joined the dark side! ;-)
> May the Force be with you,
> -Yuval
>

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Chris Callison-Burch <c...@cs.jhu.edu>wrote:
>

>> Just a quick follow-up: the sentence ranking tasks are probably the
>> most valuable at this point, since they will help us achieve
>> statistical significance. --C

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.