WBS MP4 VU meter - power supply

Michael Schwartz

Sep 4, 2022, 5:21:53 PM9/4/22
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Greetings,

My thanks to all of you who are making this group happen. Very cool!

I am coming into possession of this meter system but it has no power supply. I have searched all over for the replacement for it but I can”t find it anywhere.

I’m wondering if any of you have faced this challenge and if so, how did you solve it?
I figure its either 1) find a replacement somewhere (unless its unobtanium) or 2) replace the preh din connector in the unit with something that meets the power specs of the unit.
For reference, the power supply in question is an MP International W48DQ5002/1 and the plug end is a Preh 71430-020.

Thanks for any guidance you may be able to provide.

Regards,

Michael Schwartz

Anthony Kuzub

Sep 4, 2022, 7:19:13 PM9/4/22
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
100% replace it , XLR -4 or something like it.

Be well

Anthony

--
The WBSps.ca is run by Canadians who appreciate Well Built Stuff

Manuals: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B0yR0b5T78SKczBIcDgzZkstUjQ

Photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B0yR0b5T78SKd2JnQzlrckY2bWM
---

Anthony Kuzub

Sep 4, 2022, 7:22:58 PM9/4/22
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Maybe a midi jack...

But seriously it's two pins.    Change it to a terminal block if you must

Not worth obtaining, worth replacing

Anthony
1850442.pdf

Michael Schwartz

Sep 4, 2022, 9:00:26 PM9/4/22
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Thank you so much for the quick  reply Anthony. I figured it might be a rewire job. Thanks for the document as well. Greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Michael

warren beck

Sep 5, 2022, 7:30:53 PM9/5/22
to WB...@googlegroups.com

Oh I know these connectors.  They are DIN connectors.

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Switchcraft/SL405MX?qs=mcPJWgAPNrfLcKqEPjsoxQ%3D%3D

in Europe they are famously known as Tuchel connectors (too-cull)

Regards,

Warren

Michael Schwartz

Sep 5, 2022, 11:56:56 PM9/5/22
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Greetings,

Thanks for the link Warren. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael