Secure portlet problems..

Vignette Beginner

Sep 8, 2009, 4:07:52 AM9/8/09
to Vignette Users
Hi,

Actually i am not really a vignette developer. However I have an short
term assignment which i had some problems to complete. Our client asks
some of the pages to be secure. First I added security to portlets
which work fine, second i created secondary pages which have the
option to enable security.
But right now when I add a new page to navigation, I can not make it
include/inherit the secondary page and if just add the secure portlet
then it complains the main url is not secure. If I turn all portal to
secure then everything works fine but everything is under https which
our client does not accept.
I check the docs, about secondary pages, grids etc, but couldnt find a
way through them, vignette connect also doesn't have anything. I'm
sure it must be something simple which i couldnt manage to find..
Can anyone help on the issue?

Bruno Giorgini

Sep 24, 2009, 2:23:27 AM9/24/09
to Vignette Users
Yes, we have had the same issue with our portal. You can't enable SSL
for just one or two menu items, you need to put all your site in HTTPS
to use the secondary page in Secure mode.
The other way is to create a sub-site and link from the main site to
the "secure site".

What we did is to handle the URL rewrite in Apache in front of
application servers, to force https in the selected menu items (urls).

take a look to www.battleforge.com

Regards,
Bruno.