How to add a new button.

chiranjeevi.muttoju

Aug 19, 2010, 3:54:35 AM8/19/10
to Vignette Users
Hi all,
could you please explain how to add a new button with our own
functionality in vignette (Like home,content etc). If anyone know
please explain to me, i'm new to vignette.
Thanks,
chiranjeevi

naresh...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2010, 12:41:23 PM8/19/10
to vignett...@googlegroups.com
Where do you want to add button, on the menu bar in VCM? Which version of VCM you use?

Regards,
Naresh

chiranjeevi muttoju

Aug 20, 2010, 1:46:37 AM8/20/10
to vignett...@googlegroups.com
Hi naresh thanks for ur reply.. yes i want to add button in menu bar i'm using VCM 7.5.

i did the fallowing.
--> In the config console, under customer extension view template i added a new template with the name Menubar. i copied the same XML which is associated to existing menubar template. And i added one button component to that XML.(i just copied the existing button component ex:site) then its working hapPily. But if i change the name and action then its not working i dono where i'm doing wrong could you please help me. I have to configure at anywhere..?! please ask me if you have any clarification from my side.
--
O'range.