Web Developer - Vignette Software Developer Needed for Open Text

portal_hunter

Feb 5, 2011, 5:12:45 AM2/5/11
to Vignette Users, ep...@opentext.com, mdai...@opentext.com, ffer...@opentext.com, jkra...@opentext.com
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond Hill
Please follow the link>
https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_miniro2/external_1/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=2984&localeCode=en-us

respond to e-mail: ep...@opentext.com

Position Description

Open Text™ (Nasdaq: OTEX; TSX: OTC) is the world's largest independent
provider of Enterprise Content Management software. The company's
solutions manage information for all types of business, compliance and
industry requirements in the world's largest companies, government
agencies and professional service firms. Open Text supports
approximately 46,000 customers and millions of users in 114 countries
and 12 languages. For more information about Open Text, visit www.opentext.com.

Working Environment:
If you are looking for an environment in which you can challenge
yourself and develop new skills in a collaborative, team-based
environment, we think you’ll like it here. Our consultants – from
creative designers and business analysts to technical architects and
project managers – are some of the best you will work with in your
career. We encourage and expect Responsibility, Accountability, Trust,
Respect, Recognition and Leadership from all our employees. We hope
you will become part of the team.

Role Responsibilities:

As an Open Text consultant, your duties will include interacting with
user, business and executive groups to help define the client's needs
and translating those needs into a solution of value. As a partner to
our clients, we do what is necessary to help them be a success. The
ability to empathize with and understand the business needs of the
client is one of the single most important characteristics you bring
to the job as well as a great attitude toward teamwork and superb
technical ability. Open Text's team of highly trained and specialized
consultants differentiates us from other technology services firms.

As a Collaboration and Web Development consultant, you will
participate on fixed price as well as T&M project engagements to
develop client specific applications. These consulting engagements
require heavy client interaction to manage expectations of solution
design and development. This role offers the tremendous satisfaction
and responsibility of delivering high value solutions to our client's
business problems. You will:
• Design web based applications leveraging the Vignette software
platform components.
. Develop the associated software configuration and customizations to
enable the solution design.
. Test the resulting software developed to validate the functional and
performance results.
. Provide the associated documentation and knowledge transfer to
enable the ongoing support of the resulting application.

Position Requirements

Role Requirements:
•Prior web based application development experience with the Vignette
software platform (Minimum of 3+ years or 5+ years for Senior).
•Strong Application Design skills (requirements mapping, unit testing,
use case development, software design).
•Experience with custom software development projects as well as
packaged software implementations.
•Experience with application development for deployment of enterprise
scale solutions – especially Vignette solutions.
•Solid understating of two or more waterfall or rapid application
development software development lifecycle methodologies (RUP *
Rational Unified Process, MSF * Microsoft Solutions Framework, Scrum,
Agile, eXtreme, DSDM, etc.).
•Solid understand for Enterprise Content Management solution adoption
within enterprises including application of Document Management,
Records Management, or Web Content Management
•Proven ability to work with cross functional teams.
•Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline intensive environment.
•Solid oral and written communication skills.
•Solid self management and organization skills.
•Excellent people skills - demonstrated ability to work with both
technical and non-technical individuals, both in gathering information
and communicating direction and status.
•Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Computer Science or related field.
•Prior consulting experience (strong preference, though not an
absolute requirement).
•Diplomatic (all great consultants display this trait).
•Technically adept (you have current skills and are able to deploy
them across a variety of projects and solutions).
•Communication (you can converse with customer and team members of all
levels).
•Committed (to your customer, your team and your project).