APRS with firmware 0.5.2

Kevin KD9SPR

May 19, 2022, 6:35:10 PM5/19/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I haven't used my VRN7500 for a while but trying it out tonight.  Updated Android app to latest and firmware to 0.5.2.

APRS is transmitting on wrong channel; I thought this had been fixed?

I have GerneralSettings, Auto Share Location set to CH16 which is 144.390 APRS.
In landscape map view, dual channels. I have 2m simplex on top, red, CH1.  I have APRS on bottom, black, CH16.  When the VRN transmits APRS (set to 5 min), I see ^^ up arrows in the red/top channel.  I just confirmed using my HT that VRN is indeed transmitting APRS position on the top channel CH1, even though I have CH16 set.

Is there another setting required to correct this?  Otherwise it seems like to use APRS, can't use anything else on radio???

Thank you,
Kevin KD9SPR

Marnoch Standen

May 20, 2022, 2:21:35 AM5/20/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Change the setting on Channel follow to ON..
That will stop the radio taking an APRS signal and rebroadcasting if on the other channel....

To only beacon you don't have to have 2 channels on just use one and the radio will switch when. It needs to beacon and it will return to the original channel.

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Kevin Werner

May 21, 2022, 9:27:34 PM5/21/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Min,

Under the settings for the two channels, I don’t see setting for “Follow”, there is “talk around”(set to off)

Under Device Settings, General Settings, there is “PTT follow” which is also off.

Kevin KD9SPR

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/5e5d5992-3a76-483a-93e4-23e09170e647%40email.android.com.

Marnoch Standen

May 22, 2022, 1:57:42 AM5/22/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Turn on PTT follow this will stop the app switching channels when it hears a norther aprs beacon.

Min Standen G0JMS
07917 830 410