Remote Operation through Ethernet

murat tologlu

Aug 12, 2022, 5:58:58 AM8/12/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi,

I would like to buy a Dual Band Radio similar to VR N7500 but I need to use it remotely from an ethernet connection ( I need to put the radio close to the antenna to shorten the antenna cable because my desk is far from the antenna location).

I will appreciate very much for your suggestions.

73,
Murat TA1DB

Marnoch Standen

Aug 12, 2022, 3:48:46 PM8/12/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat

Interesting idea and some thought...

Simple one would be to extend the microphone via RJ45 cable as the audio comes out via the cable.  Make your own is possible...

You can BT with a microphone but walls and things get in the way 10 to 30 ft.

There have been a few that have extended the BT by fitting extra antenna as it's on the front panel.. some have stood the front off on studs to prove the BT.

Hope this is the route your thinking of.

Min G0JMS 👍

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

murat tologlu

Aug 13, 2022, 6:25:32 AM8/13/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Min,

Thanks for your kind feedback and for the valuable comments.

Simple solution ( extending microphone via RJ45 ) is interesting but can I change frequency remotely as well?

I thought about placing a raspberry pi with bluetooth near to the VR N 7500 and reach the raspberry pi through local network then use VR N 7500 this way remotely. In another words I imagine a  "wired" bluetooth extension which will transfer bluetooth connection from one place to another. But I couldn't find yet such a wired bluetooth extension. To make my own design I need to know VR N 7500 bluetooth commands to investigate if this is possible.

Do you have information about VR N 7500 bluetooth commands? Or do you know such a wired bluetooth extension solution?

Best regards,
Murat TA1DB

Marnoch Standen

Aug 13, 2022, 6:40:48 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

With and extension cable to the microphone you can select any of the 16 programed channel memories.
If you need more you would have to BT from the phone the new block of 16 memory channels, these you can have as many as you like.  The radio body stores the last 16 it has in it's memory even when the power is turned off and on.
The wired microphone has volume and channel section with 1750 MHz tone built in.

The makers are very protective of the work they have done and the BT connection is not common like a lot of BT equipment.

Hope that helps.

If you get some thing working others would be interested.

Min Standen G0JMS

Angelo T Sonnesso

Aug 13, 2022, 6:51:50 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone has success using the VRN7500 as an Allstar node?

73 N2DYN Angelo

murat tologlu

Aug 13, 2022, 7:20:05 AM8/13/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Min,

16 channels is more than enough as long as if I can chose some from VHF some from UHF together with their tones etc.

One more thing, my RJ45 cable will be about 30 meters long but I hope I can find a solution with line couplers/drivers if a problem arises.

73,
Murat TA1DB

Marnoch Standen

Aug 13, 2022, 7:33:40 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
You would have to remember or write down the channels as it tells you the. Channel number as you go up and down them.  When you build the memory channel you put in the power and tone plus freq tx and Rx.

There should be no need for a booster as it's not network which has a limit of 100m or 300 ft approx for cat 5.

Make up your own lead using Cat 5 or cat 6 cable there is a pin out in the documents on our Google drive.

Min G0JMS 👍

Murat Tologlu

Aug 13, 2022, 8:00:26 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

The last thing for now; where do you recommend me to buy one? I live Istanbul city there should be a cost effective shipping.

Murat TA1DB

iPhone’umdan gönderildi

Marnoch Standen <marnoch...@gmail.com> şunları yazdı (13 Ağu 2022 14:33):

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/CAFkxQy2B8OBpPCGZPPPeHpjnx%3DSoiX7XTBSaR_5wZ4Kw6U2kvQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Robert Forest

nick lantz

Aug 13, 2022, 8:57:30 AM8/13/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
for a while when I had this radio setup for an aprs station I used an older tablet as a dedicated head unit for it and controlled it remotely via my phone with TeamViewer for android over wifi/ the internet. Teamviewer remote desktop software usually for pc's but they have a good android version that lets you mirror the tablet remotely on a phone or other pc/android device.

Murat Tologlu

Aug 13, 2022, 9:24:06 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot..

In addition to the simple solution we discussing I also plan to make several trials such as installing Android OS on a Banana Pi device and use it remotely etc. .

Now I look forward to have a N7500 to start my trials

Murat

iPhone’umdan gönderildi

nick lantz <nlan...@gmail.com> şunları yazdı (13 Ağu 2022 15:57):

for a while when I had this radio setup for an aprs station I used an older tablet as a dedicated head unit for it and controlled it remotely via my phone with TeamViewer for android over wifi/ the internet. Teamviewer remote desktop software usually for pc's but they have a good android version that lets you mirror the tablet remotely on a phone or other pc/android device.
--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Marnoch Standen

Aug 13, 2022, 10:39:23 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I have 4 of them 2 I use in a motorcycle and they are rugged..
I do APRS mobile RF or rf and igate via the internet. You can use the app without buying the radio and with the network channels anybody can use them.
In the USA they have set a couple up on repeaters.  NB9D... On the network channels.

Min G0JMS 👍

Marnoch Standen

Aug 13, 2022, 10:46:04 AM8/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Don't know what the best postage would be...

In the UK Moonraker is the supplier. You could ask direct from Vero.

I should have said you can select if each memory channel is a scan channel..
I use it with one channel open and the other for APRS... The radio can be used as an igate for APRS o. The second channel.

This is not an expensive Yuesa or Kenwood which are 3 times the price but an interesting radio made by Vero who make radios for the military... Look up VGS and see what they do.

The sales director is Kathy in China and very helpful.

murat tologlu

Aug 13, 2022, 11:15:08 AM8/13/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Wimo looks fine.. https://www.wimo.com/en/vr-n7500?qty=1#?910=8223  I think €158 excluding VAT + €30 FedEX is reasonable