"Scan" option

Luke Hopkins

Oct 31, 2022, 1:47:23 PM10/31/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I was expecting that the "Scan" button would listen on all the channels programmed in the current group. But it doesn't, it only seems to listen to the selected channel. So it bahves the same as using the "Single CH" button.

"Dual CH" works as expected, I can monitor two channels.

But how do I use "Scan" to monitor all the channels in the current group?

Thanks!

By the way Min, I want to say that I really appreciate you putting all these resources together and sharing. Your information is what made me buy this radio!

Marnoch Standen

Oct 31, 2022, 1:51:41 PM10/31/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
 On the Android app if you tick the channels that you wish to scan in each memory bank and it's designed to scan those channels.

Enjoy the adventure of exploring

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Jacob McCallie

Nov 1, 2022, 9:11:07 AM11/1/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I agree when I hit scan there is no indication the unit is scanning the channels. Is this normal? I have every memory channel selected to scan but when I hit scan it only shows one channel with the scan symbol displayed.

Marnoch Standen

Nov 1, 2022, 10:11:42 AM11/1/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

That’s correct it will not show the channels its scanning but when it lands on a memory scan channel it shows uo of the screen.

Better than nothing.

Min G0JMS

Jacob McCallie

Nov 1, 2022, 10:14:01 AM11/1/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
That's good to know. Thank you

Luke Hopkins

Nov 1, 2022, 12:02:40 PM11/1/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Here are a couple of screenshots. One shows enabling scan, the other shows what happens when it is enabled and activity is detected.

I had to reload the channel group (by just selecting it again) before scan started to operate. The little symbol is helpful.

It works great!

enable scan.jpg
scan activity.jpg

Marnoch Standen