Creaking door sound

Fred -

Jan 5, 2022, 8:25:37 PM1/5/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Did anyone else notice that opening some 2m repeaters produces kind of a creaking door noise?

When opening the same repeaters with other transceivers, there is no such sound.

I hope, it is just a minor issue and not a sign of something broken...

David Colson

Jan 5, 2022, 8:58:08 PM1/5/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I have one repeater that seems to do this but not all the time. I didn't notice it on my other radio.
Mine sounds more like motor boating, if you know what I mean.

Fred -

Jan 5, 2022, 9:22:11 PM1/5/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Yes, true, the first one sounded like a creaking door, the second one now like a motor boat - that describes it quite well.

Marnoch Standen

Jan 6, 2022, 4:06:12 AM1/6/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred

Not knowing your setup, BT microphone of used and version of firmware, mobile or fixed.
My crystal ball is a bit cloudy this morning 😫😫😫.

An audio issue I did hear about was pager 📟 noise from stations tx that were not filtered and their tx was broadband !!!!!

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Fred -

Jan 6, 2022, 8:03:09 AM1/6/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Doesn't matter which microphone. Happens with all of them and also the smartphone speaker. Using latest firmware 0.5.1 and being at home.

David Colson

Jan 6, 2022, 8:15:29 AM1/6/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Just some more info:
Rx freq: 145.130
Tx freq: 144.530
pl tone: 107.2 (both tx and rx)
Only notice it on channel one.
BW: 25KHZ
latest software
Using the wired mic.
Also, as I said before, it is not all the time.

Fred -

Jan 6, 2022, 8:26:05 AM1/6/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Yeah, I should also add:
first time it happened: RX 145.600, subtone: 71.9, offset: 0.6
second time: RX 145.7375, no subtone, offset: 0.6

So the phenomenon seems to walk around.

Fred -

Jan 6, 2022, 8:27:26 AM1/6/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Do not see a way to edit my post...

Bandwidth 25 kHz, too.

Fred -

Jan 9, 2022, 9:32:07 PM1/9/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band

In the meantime, did anyone else observe this "issue"? And what could be the reason?

Mark Karagas

Mar 29, 2022, 5:15:18 PM3/29/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I just got my new radio setup and someone on our local net said that my signal had a screeching sound for less than a second at the end of my transmission. I tried it on my dummy load today and I can hear it. I tried turning on and off "tail elimination" and it didn't make any difference. I also unclicked "emphasis/de-emphasis" on each channel that I programmed, no noticeable change either. Is this the same issue that is being discussed here? Just curious. 73 K5MGK

Fred -

Mar 29, 2022, 8:15:48 PM3/29/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
This is not the same phenomenon that I described in this topic.

Marnoch Standen

Mar 30, 2022, 4:09:21 AM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
The sound at the end of an over is the ID feature that has not been turned off.  All 3 ID buttons have to be off.

This is a feature that other radios working this app can see the distance and location of each other.

If you read the documents for best setup it will save the new owner problems.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

ason...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2022, 8:08:55 AM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Your rig is sending out your location information.

Fred -

Mar 30, 2022, 8:53:06 AM3/30/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
The problem of mkar...@gmail.com might be solved by what Marnoch explained.

But again and not to confuse others or no longer get helpful comments:
This is not the problem I was hoping to get answers here! The "creaking door" sound is something that happens from the very start when keying up some repeaters (2m only, as far as I can see) and it persists during the QSO when the *OTHER* OM is speaking. Moreover, it does not always occur. I do not see a consistent pattern, but with most repeaters it never happens.

Fred -

Mar 30, 2022, 10:18:29 AM3/30/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Marnoch, you asked for a sound file of the "creaking door phenomenon". Listen to the attached file.
creaking-door-example.mp3

Carlos Navarro

Mar 30, 2022, 10:28:40 AM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Where would I find such document?

Marnoch Standen

Mar 30, 2022, 10:57:06 AM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
There is a link in the front page for this group and you just ask to be added.

I only need your email details and I can add direct.
Done it for you and you should get a notice.

Min Standen G0JMS
07917 830 410

Marnoch Standen

Mar 30, 2022, 11:16:24 AM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fred

That is a strange one and can’t think that the radio could produce that sound but I willing to learn anything.

I have heard of interference from pagers locally that aren’t filtered correctly and the wide band open front radios have now a days.

Wonder if others have any sensible suggestions as it would be interesting to compare it with another radio.

Most people have the ID and position data tones at end of TX problem as there is no detailed manual on the radio, only what does this do learning J

Min G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

Mark Karagas

Mar 30, 2022, 1:02:50 PM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Oh, sorry about that Min. I thought I hit the join button when I first came across the group. Thanks again, Mark

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/217af966-354f-4a63-b62d-fb19e04d0da8%40email.android.com.

Marnoch Standen

Mar 30, 2022, 1:08:37 PM3/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

No Problem

The files there are the same as on Face Book…. Plus some from others….

Good to know your sorted out now J

Min G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

07917 830 410

Oh, sorry about that Min. I thought I hit the join button when I first came across the group. Thanks again, Mark