First Week Test Result - HT App

DL7UZO

Apr 23, 2022, 9:02:19 AM4/23/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
No question the idea of ​​the app is good, but there are still a lot of things to improve.

1. In dual channel operation, the transmitter automatically switches to the channel just received. This leads to sending on the wrong channel.
This happens, for example, when the channel is APRS and on the other channel there is a repeater stand by. If a signal comes in on APRS, my transmitter is immediately on this channel, although I want to stay on the repeater. This is very bad.

2. In map mode, my current position is not centered and carried along. I can see the other stations but I drove out of the picture.

3. Not all actions of the app are transmitted to the device immediately. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the menu settings to take effect in the device.

4. The signal ID tones can be switched off on the wired microphone but not on the BT microphone. There is also no way on the BT microphone to send out a 1750Hz tone to open the repeater via the buttons, although this is possible with the wired microphone.

5. Nobody needs the idea of ​​evaluating APRS data from the Internet when receiving and using the app because there is a very good APRS network on our frequencies. I've set everything up to send via HF and I'm busy sending, but I still haven't seen my trace on the internet on aprs.fi.

I hope someone has ideas how to proceed or hints what I might be doing wrong. I hope to update the app soon.

73 de Tom DL7UZO

Min G0JMS

Apr 25, 2022, 5:09:04 AM4/25/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Tom

Welcome to  group of vero users and learning the ins and outs of the app. My answers are below and hope they help you....

No question the idea of ​​the app is good, but there are still a lot of things to improve. You didn't say what version the radio app is as the radio makers have made serveral changes since it was brought out and I'll reply for the latest version that mihght help you.

1. In dual channel operation, the transmitter automatically switches to the channel just received. This leads to sending on the wrong channel.
This happens, for example, when the channel is APRS and on the other channel there is a repeater stand by. If a signal comes in on APRS, my transmitter is immediately on this channel, although I want to stay on the repeater. This is very bad. Turn off and on channel in PTT follow in General settings.

2. In map mode, my current position is not centered and carried along. I can see the other stations but I drove out of the picture. Press the top RH buttons and the map will centre and follow you.

3. Not all actions of the app are transmitted to the device immediately. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the menu settings to take effect in the device.  The app connects via BT and the radio has only a small memory holding the last 16 channels and there can be a slight delay. Make sure you don't connect any BT items microphones to the radio everything must be done voa the phone App.

4. The signal ID tones can be switched off on the wired microphone but not on the BT microphone. There is also no way on the BT microphone to send out a 1750Hz tone to open the repeater via the buttons, although this is possible with the wired microphone. The tone is a signal that BT has connected to the radio and it picks up this tone... The 1750 tone was added as a feature for countries that don't now use CTCSS.

5. Nobody needs the idea of ​​evaluating APRS data from the Internet when receiving and using the app because there is a very good APRS network on our frequencies. I've set everything up to send via HF and I'm busy sending, but I still haven't seen my trace on the internet on aprs.fiThe app will allow both or seperate APRS for TX and RX learning what the controls do is a good learning curve. To reduce the risk of getting the wrong channel I would recomment single channel operation while travelling and only TX the APRS Beacon if you want tracking. The radio is VHF and UHF not HF unless you have a special frequency in the radio?  Euro APRS is 144.800.

I hope someone has ideas how to proceed or hints what I might be doing wrong. I hope to update the app soon.  Enjoy the learning on the App and it's many features   Min G0JMS

For all I set up a files section on Google to help all and feedback and findings. I have added you as access....