Saving channels & groups

Luke Hopkins

Oct 12, 2022, 1:26:41 PM10/12/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I just started with this radio, and am trying to figure out saving channels & groups.
If I go in to settings, and create a new group, and add channels to it, I am asked to "Sync to Device" by selecting a channel group.

However if I add a new channel from the main page, it allows me to add it and save it, but doesn't appear to sync to device (if I switch to a different group, and then back, it disappears).

How do I save my channels from the main screen without having to go in to the settings and manually select a channel group?

Also, I only see 12 channel groups of 16 channels each. I had understood there were unlimited groups, no?

Many thanks!

Marnoch Standen

Oct 12, 2022, 1:59:50 PM10/12/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luke

Not sure if you have seen the Google Drive where there is plenty of information and even an Excel program.

You can make as many groups of 16 memories as you like as the Android device seems to have no limit… I have never made any more that 12 groups so you may have found the limit.

Sync to Device is sending that memory block to the radio which stores those 16 memories even when turned off.

I don’t think you can go from the app and override a memory block without going into the memory setup. Every time you change to another group it will wipe what you have been looking at. That is software for you.

Some good and no news I’m afraid.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Luke Hopkins

Oct 12, 2022, 5:19:26 PM10/12/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Thanks for the reply. I did find the Google drive, and the info has been VERY valuable already - thank you for that.

Just to illustrate what I mean, if I add a memory in slot 10 here, it "sticks"
Screenshot_20221012-134115_HT.jpg

But if I add it in slot 10 here, it is lost when I change view:
Screenshot_20221012-134151_HT.jpg

Marnoch Standen

Oct 13, 2022, 3:51:46 AM10/13/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Luke

There was an issue and its ben seen before that that memory group is corrupt, so copy or make another memory group and try… I haven’t heard of this problem for a year or so….

Delete the bad memory block….

image001.jpg
image002.jpg