TX on another channel.

Min G0JMS

Mar 15, 2022, 12:20:43 PM3/15/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I found that when I had 2 channels switched on A&B and the radio received a message it would retransmit that message on the other channel.... WTF !!!!!

How to cheese of repeater users  :>).

Answer is...

If the PTT follow function is turned on, the AB channel will be automatically switched in the two-hand state when a message is received.

You learn something every day

Min G0JMS

Pete Fleming

Mar 16, 2022, 11:24:38 AM3/16/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
So if you have it in 2 channel and PTT follow on it will repeat to the other channel? Does this mean we can use it as a cross band repeater? And does the app need to be connected?

73
Pete
KI6SSI

Min G0JMS

Mar 17, 2022, 5:21:04 AM3/17/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Peter

The answer is NO..... sorry its a single channel radio which has a clever app that swaps frequencies....you can monitor 2 channels and when it hears the other it will switch....between A an B. Or you can scan up to 16 memory channels.

Min G0JMS