Separate squelch when in dual CH

Tommaso Ravaglioli

Jan 10, 2022, 7:11:14 AM1/10/22
to vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am starting to use the radio at home, while I am evaluating it for car/motorbike installation.
I am an avid APRS user, and the thing that annoys me most is not having a different squelch level for each channel. I get on the speaker a lot of APRS traffic which I do want decoded and not heard.
Is there any configuration for this? On the other rtx that I have this is handled via separate volume controls or via a "balance" setting.

Thanks and '73 de IZ2QYZ

Marnoch Standen

Jan 10, 2022, 9:07:46 AM1/10/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tommaso

I also use the radio for home, mobile and motorcycle, so done some work on the mobile & APRS for the last 2 years getting Vero to make some changes and improvements.

There is a lot reports in the documents which you’re a member of which detail APRS and its use with RF and settings, so I would suggest you have a look in there.

For APRS I set mine as a memory channel 16 and select that as the ID channel, so I don’t hear the APRS tone as I only use the APRS for tracking my route. (Too busy driving to mess about as only have 2 hands J  )

You can’t have different squelch or volume levels for each memory channel and have never see a radio with that feature, I could ask…. I have said the squelch is too sharp and quick.

You need to understand this is a single VFO radio with a clever app that does the work and switching from VHF and UHF.

Hope this helps you understand the radio.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Josh Greer

Jan 10, 2022, 9:38:21 AM1/10/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
The way I've been using it mobile with APRS is in dual channel mode with one channel I want to use for voice and the second being the APRS channel. I've updated mine to the latest version of firmware and you are able to mute the APRS channel and the app is still able to decode most of the packets it picks up. It's not perfect as it's still just a single receiver scanning between the two channels, but in my experience it does a good job.

--
Joshua Greer
KM4AZW

Marnoch Standen