Android app falls asleep and doesn't transmit

Dmitry M

Jun 26, 2024, 2:45:54 PMJun 26
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hey folks,

I recently took my VRN7500 and a Huawei P20 with Android 10 out and had some problems with the app not functioning.

It wouldn't consistently send my location out and would generally hang and be unresponsive.

I have disabled power saving in android and allowed the app to have GPS access.

I'm normally not an android user so maybe this is something I misconfigured? Or is it an issue with this phone itself - it is 5+ years old after all.

Any tips?

Marnoch Standen

Jun 26, 2024, 3:35:35 PMJun 26
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Check your settings for the. Channel you have for APRS is set as the APRS TX channel or it may TX on another one..
Check the TX output and level plus the beacon times which are in the id section.
Find the setting for screen on.
Look at the settings I have used in the files section documents.
The app sends the position to the radio to TX and if disconnected it will still TX in the last times for beacons but in its last position.
Check the radio for TX power.
Let us know how you get on.

Min Standen G0JMS
07917 830 410

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Dmitry M

Jun 28, 2024, 3:38:43 AMJun 28
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Min,

The APRS settings are fine - I see the data appear on aprs.fi. It's very intermittent though. I'm in a very populated area so can't blame the radio. When I switch from the android phone to my iPhone it works perfectly fine. So it seems like it's the android phone that is at fault.

Dmitry

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/63eac28f-4b9b-4a14-a5f8-f576dec825a2%40email.android.com.

Marnoch Standen

Jun 28, 2024, 5:03:17 AMJun 28
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dmitry

This was delay email by google !!!!!!  So here is my reply.

The APRS system is an issue in very busy areas as it a first come first served and if your beacon is the same or lower power than another TX your beacon can be ignored.

Not knowing the settings on your Android  and the beacon rate it could show or not show.

Look on the settings and ID area called HT page (depends on what version of firmware you have) and the beaconing rate for Internet and RF is at the bottom of the page. You need to have top 3 turned off (ID Signalling (Radio) all OFF.

ID for internet (your selection on or off.

Automatic Share Location … this is where you change Internet sharing time and Radio Sharing TX Beacon.

Then at the bottom if the number of bounces Routing I have mine on 2 & 2

Hope this helps.

Min G0JMS