YouTube - N7500 - Sept 2022

Min G0JMS

Sep 28, 2022, 7:17:51 AM9/28/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
There hasd been a YouTube released which has many mistakes and errors and doesn't show the full details of the radio and the App. He does point out the layout of the app and operation which we all know is a hair puller !!!!

I'm presently testing the new Beta Version (restricted to testers) on the Andriod which I hope will be released soon, and it so far looks good. I note there is a new upgrade to the iOS app and that also looks better.
The developers have made good steps in the APRS section, resolving issues.and if it's stable it could be released soon.

Min G0JMS

Ibrahim Al Hamdi

Sep 28, 2022, 4:46:39 PM9/28/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update
Regards

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Lou KI5FTY

Sep 29, 2022, 2:11:27 PM9/29/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I believe this is now live in the play store

Marnoch Standen

Sep 29, 2022, 2:17:18 PM9/29/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if you mean the recent firmware update dates 19-09-2022.
Parts work well but crashes have been reported when iGate is turned on and the developer is going to fix the problem...

Min G0JMS 👍

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Khanlaar

Sep 29, 2022, 4:03:09 PM9/29/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I discovered this product because of that video.  One question I have is will it function as an RX/TX iGate or possibly a Digipeater in North America?  APRS is lacking in my town and I run an RX only iGate now.

Marnoch Standen

Sep 29, 2022, 4:16:55 PM9/29/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khanlaar

To make it work for APRS you need to have the radio connected to an Android phone and internet.

This week they have made a further step on the APRS section of the app but I found an issue when it's in iGate mode it could crash and the developer is dealing with that... They do give good support..

The front end is a bit open and there have been reports of pager interference when close to a mast...
It's a thought radio and I have just come back from touring Ireland with the radio in the top box on a motorcycle just using APRS RF only, map and track can seen on the web Google pages.

It will now run iGate and APRS in the background even at 50w..

Hope this helps.. there is other info on face book and the good drive which I run, now 2+ years....

Min Standen G0JMS

nick lantz

Sep 29, 2022, 6:01:52 PM9/29/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Yes it will. I used it as such for over a year

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/d65ab496-36be-4b5a-9ad4-2460ed91f89en%40googlegroups.com.

Angelo T Sonnesso

Sep 29, 2022, 6:25:16 PM9/29/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell us how you set that up.

Also is there any way to access the network radio feature without going to the Chinese network?

I get to their website, and my screen reader is no help at all.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Marnoch Standen

Sep 30, 2022, 3:22:39 AM9/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi
At the moment network radio like. Zello is only on Android phones for the Vero app.

You can search for existing network channels or make your one plus you can password it...

It's under used and there are details of testing in the Google Files which I think your have access too..

Min Standen G0JMS

Dmitry M

Sep 30, 2022, 2:13:39 PM9/30/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Can anyone share how to get started with APRS? When I click on registration I'm presented with a Chinese website..and I don't know what to do next.

Marnoch Standen

Sep 30, 2022, 3:00:50 PM9/30/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Do a search on Google for your pass no. As long as you're a licensed amateur.

It's the same and made up from your call sign

Min Standen G0JMS

Dmitry M

Oct 3, 2022, 8:45:00 AM10/3/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Min,

I'm not sure I follow. What is the pass no?

I am licensed, yes.

Dmitry

Marnoch Standen

Oct 3, 2022, 9:07:38 AM10/3/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Search on the web for your APRS access no.

Here is one site.

This code that is generated from your call sign is used in APRS and dmr.

Good luck.

Min Standen G0JMS

Angelo T Sonnesso

Oct 3, 2022, 10:55:55 AM10/3/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone gotten DVSwitch running on the 7500?

73 N2DYN Angelo

Khanlaar

Oct 3, 2022, 8:53:51 PM10/3/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I received my n7500 today and it only igate receives and not transmit or any digipeater functions.  The device is on firmware 0.5.6 and I've used the latest (in the store) iOS and Android app versions to test.  I guess I have to wait for this beta version to go live before I'll have a working unit.

Marnoch Standen

Oct 4, 2022, 4:18:53 AM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Welcome and it's the way you have it setup.

The best APRS control is using the Android app and off your looking at the files in Google Groups there are reports on setting the RF side up...
Have you looked for your call sign on www.aprs.fi

Make sure that PTT follow is on with your version... As an older version of firmware allowed it to tx on a memory channel!!!!! Or repeater!!!
Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 8:49:34 AM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I only need the radio to do APRS.  It only has the APRS channel programmed since it's only being used for that.  It reports to APRS.fi just fine, it just won't pass internet to radio (aka TX iGate).  If there is only one channel programmed, is PTT follow even needed?  It doesn't even attempt to transmit as the light never turns on.  I can make it transmit if I send a message via the app so I know the transmit function of the device itself works.

Marnoch Standen

Oct 4, 2022, 9:14:08 AM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

It will work.

So I can help can you send pictures or screen grabs of the Setup Pages please.

ID.

APRS

There are 2 aprs pages one is difficult to find and you have to touch the face picture in the top left hand side.

Min G0JMS

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/3f00bd4b-4018-43dc-b0a9-84471bcc9b09n%40googlegroups.com.

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 6:51:47 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Screenshot_20221004-174643_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174547_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174719_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174818_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174505_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174808_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174557_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174536_HT.jpgScreenshot_20221004-174608_HT.jpg

Marnoch Standen

Oct 4, 2022, 6:55:33 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
On page ID turn on APRS as you have it off...

Let me know how you get on.

Time for beaconing is also on the ID page !!!!

Min G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

Oct 4, 2022, 6:56:53 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Also make forwarding and life 2 and 2.

Marnoch Standen

Oct 4, 2022, 7:00:11 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
You have the latest version and it does work but the designer has got a couple of timers settings in the wrong place...
I'll send you my settings in the morning if you have not resolved it.

Min G0JMS

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 7:07:12 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I wasn't wanting to use those APRS functions (from the first two replies) since it's a stand alone base station and I won't be using it directly.  I turned it on anyway for testing.  I'll let you know.  Sorry about the time difference.

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 7:16:09 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I think it's working but it refuses to forward my call sign out to the radio.  It will do my wife's call sign just fine.

Robert Forest

Oct 4, 2022, 7:49:19 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to find this screen in my app. Where is it?

Screenshot_20221004-174719_HT.jpg

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 7:56:59 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Turns out it isn't forwarding packets specifically from my HT.  I guess that's a me issue.

@Robert - Press the three lines in the upper left (Android)

Robert Forest

Oct 4, 2022, 8:04:32 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
This is all I get when I load the app

Screenshot_20221004-190319.png

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 8:20:22 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Press on the VR-N7500

Robert Forest

Oct 4, 2022, 8:43:01 PM10/4/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Same thing when it is on

Khanlaar

Oct 4, 2022, 9:01:11 PM10/4/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Might have to wait for Min to wake up.

For my issue, I had to remove the - from the devices ID number.  It was sending APAT81-1 (since it's an anytone)  but I had to remove the -1 and change the setting to 0 in the code plug software.  I'm going to take a drive and check to see how it's working.

Marnoch Standen

Oct 5, 2022, 4:43:47 AM10/5/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Good morning from the UK   looks like you have been having fun J

What status are you at now?

I can see your testing N2SAW-10 on TCPIP and it did and RF at 00:54 only ???

-09 was all RF.

-07 is going to  -10

Marnoch Standen

Oct 5, 2022, 5:28:06 AM10/5/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Robert

Go into Settings and turn OFF “Simple Mode”.

Min G0JMS

Robert Forest

Oct 5, 2022, 6:20:29 AM10/5/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
That did it.

Thank you

Khanlaar

Oct 5, 2022, 8:25:19 AM10/5/22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Mine is all working but I have it offline right now since it's sharing a power supply and antenna with my base station.  I need to get its antenna mounted and a proper power supply for it.  Thanks for your assistance.  It sounds like it was working all along but it was an error on my Anytone radio that caused it not to send via RF.

Marnoch Standen

Oct 5, 2022, 8:31:56 AM10/5/22
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. Glad to be able to help you.

Min Standen G0JMS
07917 830 410