Call Center Value Network Analysis?

Mar...@cleaver.org

Aug 24, 2010, 2:41:45 PM8/24/10
to value-networks
Hi,
I have a potential client trying to refine its information flows
with external and internal stakeholders. It's a call center that has
to meet certain hard metric criteria, but at the same time has
relatively unarticulated intangible enablers.

Does anyone here have a credential from a past or current project that
can convince my team (and the client) that using VNA to elicit the
relationships and deepen the value inherent in them has added value to
Call Centers?

Thanks,
Martin.
--
Martin Cleaver M.Sc. MBA
Mar...@Cleaver.org

Sergej van Middendorp | Miles Ahead

Aug 24, 2010, 3:41:48 PM8/24/10
to value-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

In 2006 Laveta Gibbs, then with Cisco, presented her strategy for moving Cisco's call centers towards a customer interaction network with help of VNA. A great story, and it seems that Cisco advertises it even today. Not sure if there's an official quote from her. Verna might know...

Cheers, Sergej

Verna Allee

Aug 24, 2010, 4:13:58 PM8/24/10
to Value Networks
Hi Martin,

This first blog and the linked case study is from work that Symantec
did using VNA to define the customer support experience through four
phases of engagement: buy process, new user, established user and
renewal. The roles or "personas" as they called them were defined in
four value network maps - one for each phase of engagement.

Symantec Enterprise Support
Acknowledging and Mapping the Customer Support Network
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/231401.

The Cisco customer support story that Sergej referred to is this one:
Customer Interaction Networks
Value Networks and Cisco's Call Center Strategy
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/208982

After this initial work we have gone on to work with both Symantec and
Cisco to validate use of our Enterprise Application using their own
call center data to actually predict cases at risk of escalation. Here
is an example:
Value Network Insights and Symantec Customer Support
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/252367

There are several links on our site to how this predictive capability
is useful specifically in call centers and we are getting quite a lot
of interest in this with other large companies and the innovator
group, the Consortium for Service Innovation. These will be the most
useful in that regard.

Predictive Analytics
Identify cases, work packages and processes at risk
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/252629

Customer Support User Stories
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/252630

Creating Early Warning Systems for Customer Support Environments
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/246226

Customer Support for Call Center Managers
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/237953

Many of you have probably seen our little animation of a customer
trouble ticket. This was generated by our application.
http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/245536

I would be happy to have a call off line with you to discuss any of
these. Hope this helps

Verna

Mar...@cleaver.org

Aug 24, 2010, 4:26:23 PM8/24/10
to value-n...@googlegroups.com
Sweet - thank you so much Verna and Serej.

You know, I have a habit that normally works for me but failed today. I googled only for powerpoints ("ext:ppt") - no hits! I was surprised that my search didn't match my recall but then surprised again that there is indeed content. I forgot to search without.

I will share with my team and get back to you.

Best,

   Martin.
--
Martin Cleaver M.Sc. MBA

Mar...@cleaver.org

Aug 24, 2010, 4:27:19 PM8/24/10
to Mar...@cleaver.org, value-n...@googlegroups.com
Sergej, rather ;)
--
Mar...@Cleaver.org

David Meggitt

Aug 25, 2010, 5:40:34 AM8/25/10
to Value Networks
Martin, the story here ... http://tinyurl.com/2w5belh ... goes back
to 2004/5.

The company featured, Ki-Work, was engaged in a battle to save UK jobs
in the face of out-sourced (to Asia) call centre activity.
Senior management created rough draft, with my guidance, which I then
reproduced more elegantly and incorporated in a note that you can
download from the above site.

The value of this example is that it puts the call centre activity
( regard the "Ki-Worker" as a call centre agent, with support and
direction provided by other roles) in the context of the whole firm
and its business ecosystem.

It's also useful to link any VNA type work to:

You will find an attempt to articulate this here ... www.holistic-creations.net

>> business technology that is up to the job of matching the discovery of needs and adapting cost-effectively to their evolution.
A "Task Oriented Architecture" can be used to demonstrate, which is
now blitzing UK Govt procurement circles at top level.

If you are based in the UK, pleased to help personally, if this
resonates.

David

On Aug 24, 7:41 pm, "Mar...@Cleaver.org" <Mar...@Cleaver.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a potential client trying to refine its information flows
> with external and internal stakeholders. It's a call center that has
> to meet certain hard metric criteria, but at the same time has
> relatively unarticulated intangible enablers.
>
> Does anyone here have a credential from a past or current project that
> can convince my team (and the client) that using VNA to elicit the
> relationships and deepen the value inherent in them has added value to
> Call Centers?
>
> Thanks,
>    Martin.
> --
> Martin Cleaver M.Sc. MBA

Mar...@cleaver.org

Aug 25, 2010, 6:13:21 AM8/25/10
to value-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi David.

Thanks, this account is also very interesting and encouraging.

I don't live in the UK but I am British.  I moved to Toronto, Canada in 2005.

I do visit family once or twice a year, and plan to be in London between the 8th and 14th November - would love to meet up!

Best,
   Martin

Sergej van Middendorp | Miles Ahead

Aug 25, 2010, 10:31:36 AM8/25/10
to value-n...@googlegroups.com
Sharp. Hope the cases help. ;-)

Mar...@cleaver.org

Aug 25, 2010, 10:45:19 AM8/25/10
to value-networks
David:

Re:

> business technology that is up to the job of matching the discovery of needs and adapting cost-effectively to their evolution.
>A "Task Oriented Architecture" can be used to demonstrate, which is
now blitzing UK Govt procurement circles at top level.

Task Oriented Architecture gains barely any Google hits. The only useful one is to

Knowledge Management Systems: Information and Communication Technologies by Ronald Maier

http://books.google.ca/books?id=r5pAHIN1ChwC&pg=PA314&lpg=PA314&dq=%22task+oriented+architecture%22&source=bl&ots=yzh03vCRl9&sig=lu3VA6I6mrduC9qluQMP_tH4Whw&hl=en&ei=Pe10TMeYOMH7nAe2nOXMBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=34&ved=0CNwBEOgBMCE#v=onepage&q=%22task%20oriented%20architecture%22&f=false

Is there something else I should read to catch up?

Thanks,
   Martin.

David Meggitt

Aug 25, 2010, 2:30:50 PM8/25/10
to Value Networks
Martin,
>>< in London between the 8th and 14th November - would love to meet up!

That will be great. Look forward to it.

David

On Aug 25, 11:13 am, "Mar...@Cleaver.org" <Mar...@Cleaver.org> wrote:
> Hi David.
>
> Thanks, this account is also very interesting and encouraging.
>
> I don't live in the UK but I am British.  I moved to Toronto, Canada in
> 2005.
>
> I do visit family once or twice a year, and plan to be in London between the
> 8th and 14th November - would love to meet up!
>
> Best,
>    Martin
> --
> Mar...@Cleaver.orghttp://twitter.com/mrjcleaver
> +1 416-786-6752 (GMT-5)
>
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:40 AM, David Meggitt <m...@davidmeggitt.com>wrote:
>

> > Martin, the story here ...  http://tinyurl.com/2w5belh... goes back
> > .

David Meggitt

Aug 25, 2010, 3:22:09 PM8/25/10
to Value Networks
Re TOA: Martin, I should have said "Task Oriented Applications."
Architecture was on my brain after reading the networks/processes
thread.

There are references to this via Google, but I will send you specifics
and brief you more fully when we meet on Govt. impacts.

Note, the predictive analytics work described by Verna is very much
Value Networks LLP's creation and reference source.
Regards,

David