Ir al primer mensaje no leído

prk...@gmail.com

no leída,
7 nov 2007, 11:50:54 a.m.7/11/07
para Validat
I love the idea of abstracting core validation to so that business
rules can simply piggyback off of the same set of functions. It makes
a lot of sense.

Is there an advantage to storing rules and, if I'm understanding
correctly, assertions in XML files? It seems like reading an XML file
would affect the performance of the application in a high traffic
environment.

Thanks.

-Allen

Jeff Chastain

no leída,
8 nov 2007, 9:54:08 a.m.8/11/07
para val...@googlegroups.com
Allen -

The XML configuration is only used to tell Validat which validator and
transformer components it needs to validate a given set of data. That XML
configuration is optional - you can use the API to configure the validation
engine - and, it is only parsed once when the Validat instance is created.

So, with that said, if you see a performance issue, please let us know and
we will do some more digging. Thus far, we have not seen this as an issue
with any of the projects in which we have deployed Validat.

Thanks
-- Jeff

Jeff Chastain
Senior Software Developer