Kernel panic -not syncing : attempted to kill init in Rhel 6.1 server

Vipul Patel

May 29, 2019, 12:51:50 PM5/29/19
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have one problem after my IBM server mother board damage & after new mother board install in rebooting above error coming on my rhel 6.1 server.

2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.i686  kernel

all shortcut tried editing grub file but not successful.

Any solution ??

Regards
Vipul Patel

minesh

May 30, 2019, 6:06:09 AM5/30/19
to vg...@googlegroups.com

This issue can be caused due to issue on selinux policy configured on /etc/selinux/config

  1. Boot on rescue mode and update selinux config file as follows: SELINUX=disabled SELINUXTYPE=targeted

  2. Reboot the system

  3. After the successful boot you can re-enable selinux

--
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.